Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

John Hill

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1950s » John Hill « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Adcock

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:42 am:   

I too am saddened to learn of John's death. He was before my time at school, but I knew him from playing cricket against him (at the Co-op) and then with him at Wollaton. He was a really nice man.

Malc Fox

Posted on Monday, August 05, 2002 - 02:46 am:   

I was very saddened to read Dave Freemantle's news about John Hill. I remember John from cricket rather than Mundella as he left the school the year after I joined.
John was one of the several Old Mundellans who played for the Co-op side in the 60's and 70's.
My abiding memory of John was his wonderful fiery nature. Bowling to him in the nets on one occasion I unintentionally got one to rear up at him. His response was to charge out of the net, brandishing his bat above his head. He chased me all over King George V playing field until we both collapsed with exhaustion and laughter.
My condolences and sympathy go out to his family.
Rest in peace John

David Freemantle

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 02:11 am:   

I don't know whether it is generally known that John Hill, who attended Mundella between 1955 and 1960, passed away last year.
I knew John from playing cricket for Nottingham Co-op and Wollaton in the 70s and 80s.,and the social side that resulted from those times.He worked for Land Registry for many years, before retiring to Gibraltar, where he died suddenly, at the tragically early age of 57.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page