Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

John Todd via webmaster

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1950s » John Todd via webmaster « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sandy White

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 08:04 am:   

Just flicking through the site in the hope that someone I knew at Mundella from 1956 to 1961 may have posted something. Entries from these years are very few and far between, therefore tend to visit the site less and less. Sorry B Todd, I cannot remember you but was extremely saddened to hear that Joe Ormston had died a couple of years ago. French was my favourite subject at school, thanks in general to Joe Ormston. I clearly remember a school trip to Paris in 1958 with Joe Ormston and being mortified that the French I had learned in his class did not help me one little bit in the middle of Paris! I also remember Mr. Holbrook clearly. He taught me to ballroom dance - I think it was a rained off hockey lesson and we were all wearing our hockey boots. Oh, the memories!!

bryan todd

Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 09:42 pm:   

Webmaster received this from Mr Todd

bryuk@ntlworld.com

Many thanks for your reply....

Do you remember Doreen Morley, Chris and Mike Nies and a David Miller who brought me a souvenir back from his holiday in Austria, not an apple for the teacher. Still vaguely in touch with Christine Miles.....

Yes I did share a flat over an undertaker's on Robin Hood Street..... dead centre of Sneinton!!!

Shared it with Joe Ormston who sadly died a couple of years ago......

If you wish to add my name and email to any of your site lists please do so ... always pleased to hear voices from the past...

By the way, did you know that on one occasion Mrs Houseman (with or without and "e"?) once announced in the men's staffroom that we had to report to her any girl we suspected of wearing a black bra!!!!!

I was introduced to Dolly Onions as being "fresh" from University when I first arrived at Mundella. She said, " I'm fresh too, but not from University!!!" I adore the occasional nostalgia sandwich!!

Bye for now

Bryan Todd

Richard Brown

Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 06:48 am:   

Oh yes M. Todd,
I certainly remember you, how could I forget. You were my form teacher in 1T (Todd) and 2 Lower, 1958/9 and 1959/60. You worked hard on my French but it was an uphill battle! Let's see, there was your trendy hairstyle, your Lambretta and especially your priceless shaggy dog stories. You were also a jazz fan and I too enjoyed Brubeck, but you were the first person to ever mention Theolonyous Monk to me, many thanks!
We were hoping to get in touch with you earlier this year to attend our big reunion, it was a great success due to 2 things, Cynthia's (nee Snaith) tireless efforts and all the great people who showed up.
Whatever happened to your old mate (Uncle) Joe Ormston? He was my form teacher in the third year. You guys were just great. - and I don't say that about ALL the staff at Mundella!
Drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you.
very best wishes,
Richard Brown...

webmaster

Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 11:44 pm:   

Hi there

Just taken a walk down memory lane looking at the Gallery photos.

Is there anyone out there who remembers me?

John Bryan Todd (probably Toddy or even worse!)

Joined the Staff in September 1957 to teach French and left at Easter 1963 to move to Mansfield Woodhouse.

Worked with Maurice Taylor, Bert Holbrook etc under two headteachers Stevens and Moody.

Many happy memories and regards to all those pupils who may still remember me .

B Todd

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page