Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

It was way back in 1951 / 1955

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1950s » It was way back in 1951 / 1955 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brianl
Username: Brianl

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:57 am:   

Hello Terrence Dickenson. Thank you so much for the mention I do remember you well, youtook me to mundella on my first day. It was on the single decker number 8 bus I think?
I have been on this site for a while nowbut haven't made any contacts with old friends until you. As you can see from the scripts I have had some help tho.One reason is that I have changed my email address from that on the honours board. It is now brianlisellee@talktalk.net. By placing it here It just may stimulate others who knew us both ro inject some more news bites.
Yours brian

Terryd
Username: Terryd

Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 06:48 pm:   

Hi to all, I have only just found this site, but already recognise some names, and I hope old friends. I was at Mundella from 1951 until 1957, and recognise Brian Lee, who I think also lived on Lyndhurst Road?, David Comrie, Margaret Holmes, Monty Taylor amongst others. Remember very well Barton Hart, Miss Onions, Miss Barlow, Mr Reynolds, Mr Holbrook, and of course Mr Calder. Does anyone else remember Mr Holbrook's after school dancing lessons? or The small A level Chemistry lab where we were allowed to just get on with the practical programme. I was also in the ATC in the huts, because Mr Reynolds was ex RAF and he "persuaded" the Chemistry students.
I was working in South Africa for 20 years until 1998 when we came back to UK, but would love to hear from anyone I was at school with.

Oldlenton5
Username: Oldlenton5

Posted on Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 02:51 am:   

Hi. I am Mick Hodgkinson and have just found this site. I was in forms 4M and 5M, in 1953-55 and I am particularly keen to find out if anyone from that time remembers Robert Smith, who was in those forms with me. I have lost touch with him and would like to get in contact again.

Brian_lee
Username: Brian_lee

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 01:26 am:   

thanks Stan I did not recognise either davids so it means at least 50 years have past. I will keep a look-out for the projected reunion, now that I have found this site I will continue looking and adding anything I can remember that is relevant.If the reunion does come off I hope to be there Brian Lee

Stan
Username: Stan

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 03:17 pm:   

Brian, Noted your email about your mates. If you look on the photo section under reunions you will see a recent one of messrs. Coffee and Hollingsworth from 2005 reunion. We tried to contact Carro from the Friends reunited site but he did not respond. There will probably be another of our annual meetings in late Aug/early Sept. in Nottingham

Brian_lee
Username: Brian_lee

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 02:03 am:   

to David Comrie,
I to remember Brian Carrington, we joined together in2T with David Coffey, Derek WoodwardMaureen coulson Mollie Ralphs Pat Thorpe, Margaret Holmes Lorna Gott,David Hollingsworth, Jean Best. those are the names I remember, the only one I did Know about was Margaret Holmes, who apparently, according to her neighbour went to Rodesia My name is brian Lee and I left in 1955 to join the R.A.F.. I hope that this injection of names revitelises other ex students memories Brian Lee

Geoff Clarke
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 07:08 am:   

Hi JAG, remember Clarky? I'm very pleased to see your name. Other than Dave Comrie, you are the the only classmate I've seen on this great site. What happened to GeeGee (The long one)?
I remember Brian Leake, Dave Everard and, of course, John Adams. Anyone else out there?

John A Gee

Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 03:52 am:   

Just found this site!
Anyone from 2T (1951) through 3T, 4G & 5G (1955) still around? John G.(The shorter one)

David Comrie

Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2002 - 06:53 am:   

I was at Mundella from 1951 - 1956 and have lived in USA since 1975. I was in Nottingham just recently and drove by the old school site to show my wife where I spent my formative years. Names I remember are John Adams, Robin Thornhill, Brian Carrington. Teacher's names I recall are Mr Ordoyno, Mr Howe, Mr Greensmith, Mr Wight, Mr Calder (head) Mr Stace(deputy) Mrs Houseman. If anyone remembers me please contact.

Anne Morley

Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 01:02 am:   

'Anne is lazy, loud, vulgar, indifferent and rude', so spake Barton Hart in my most memorable school report which went down like a lead balloon at home. I don't suppose anybody recognises me from that description! After nearly six years in a grammar school I emerged with one O-level (French - not even English) but have since studied for an HND in antique furniture restoration. I left under a cloud having been threatened with expulsion for working at the GPO during Christmas. I have been living in London since 1964 apart from a couple of trips to South Africa and seven years in Suffolk, close to where poor Mr Calder suffered a heart attack and snuffed it. Nothing to do with me! I am in touch with Jill Washbrooke (making chocolates for Thorntons!) and Diana Bell

TONY G

Posted on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:45 am:   

hi
This has brought back many memories. I can remember most of the names quoted, some better than others. Ann Stott used to travel home part of the way with Dave Harper and me. Actually I guess it was the other way around! Margaret Watson was a frequent topic of conversation after I started work and a colleague kept enquiring about her. She was his dream girl from just down the road! I have often wondered about such folk as Brain Cumberland, Alan Smith, Eric Lamb, Margaret and Marian(?) Goodman, Margaret Holmes.

Valery Grocock figured frequently in my school life as just about every member of staff thought she must be a sister or cousin. I think that she was very relieved that this was not the case.

Keep things rolling

Tony Grocock (see Val's problem)1949 - 1956
now living between Melton Mowbray and Leicester.

Peter Tyers

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 07:48 pm:   

Have just found this wonderful website and have read the bulletin from Monty Taylor who I remember well. I was there from 1950 to 1957 and was in the ATC (674 squadron). Any other ex cadets on line or Old Mundella Hockey Club players? I would be particularly pleased to contact David Linsey and Johnny Franks who emmigrated to Australia after only One term at the old school.

Christine Lawnee Jennings

Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 05:57 am:   

Hello to anyone who can remember us - Christine Jennings and Robert (Spud) Taylor.
We were at Mundella from 1949 - 1954. I think we were in the "G" form.
We can remember Pat Bosworth, Ann Stott, Margaret Watson - Pamela Clegg - we are already in contact with Pat Roebuck. We would like to here from anyone who can remember us

Harribobs

Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 01:46 am:   

Hi Mike

I was in the lowly F stream till 57 when I left Mundella but none of the names ring a bell. What year did you leave?

Val Brown

Valerie Sabin

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 04:21 am:   

Hello Mike,Valerie Grocock here, Regret that I cannot bring you to mind. I am still living in Nottm. happily married for 40 years to Treor. I too remember Molly Ralphs, wonder what became of her. Would love to hear about Noreen Stromberg. My fondest memory is of Mr J.V.Martin, who taught Maths

Monty Taylor

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 08:21 pm:   

Dear Mike
I do remember you at school although I was in 1s 2m 3m 4s and a lot of the others you listed, but more from after school activities as I seem to remember you lived at Wollaton Park by the Park Gates - your father had a super Austin Sheerline -I think we joined scouts together at Wollaton Park with my twin brother Martin and Cliff Broughton as we three lived in Lenton then. I am now in Henley-on-Thames, my brother emigrated to San Diego USA in 1966 and sadly died there on Millenium eve
Monty Taylor

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 07:25 pm:   

Dear Miker, Please reconfirm your e-mail address. Ta!.

Mike Bonser

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 03:49 am:   

I'm Mike Bonser, not the cleverest pupil at Mundella in the early 50's, progressing through the "F" streams, where we were in awe of those in the "M" & "S" classes.
Compatriot names that come to mind are Valerie Grocock, "little" Marion Tetley, Francis Hanson, Molly Ralphs, Ann Griffiths, Bill Lester, Geoff. Gadsby, John Pritchard, Trevor Hopkin, Michael Arnold and even Gordon Birtwistle !
Teachers seem to have been fully named elsewhere on this site but I cannot trace anyone who quotes those immortal words from Barton Hart..."Shall I smack your bot-wot".
I moved to Sheffield in 1956 and now live in the south of France. Can anyone mention some more names of us less-clever (at the time)pupils in those years ?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page