Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Long lost friend

Mundella School » Where are they now? » Long lost friend « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Cole

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 09:08 pm:   

I am looking for any old classmates. I joined from Australia in 1961 and left at the end of 1963 to join the Navy. I transferred to the Australian Navy and am still here. I sang in the choir and used to play my guitar backstage during lunchtimes. I was also mad about model aircraft and electronics. I was part of the rowing crew as well. I would love to hear from anyone who may remember me.

Joe Payne.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:57 am:   

Re Pam Reid's 2001 inquiry, this response is a little late and not too helpful, but I believe that Rita McKay married an American and lives in the States.

Claire Ogram

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 10:55 pm:   

Donna.... I'm heeeeeere.. you found me!!! I emailed you but no response so far. How the heck are you? Please email me so that we can establish contact. I'm living in Scotland now.

Marilyn Lee

Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 03:20 pm:   

Dear Angela

So sorry I did not get back to you can only go onto the good old Mundella site when I have plenty of time on my hands. Thanks yes I did get your info and yes I contacted Philip hope to see him and everyone else at the reunion.

Marilyn Lee(Torz)

Donna Wierengo

Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 02:20 am:   

would love to know where my old classmates are.
Beverley Nam,Malcolm Marshall,Claire Ogram, etc.
All those that were in 4g in 1970/71.

Nicola Lunt

Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 - 03:31 am:   

My dad - KEN LUNT(from the 1952 intake) is looking for KEITH COTTEE. If anyone has any information please can they contact me and I'll pass the info onto my dad. Thanks very much.

SCOTTMARSHALL

Posted on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 10:11 pm:   

I am currently looking up old school friends and would particularly like to contact Brian White(Sam) who attended Mundella middle/late 50's

frédérique Souverain

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 02:03 am:   

Does anybody remember the French Assistant who talked so much about "Mai 68" and was, after all, a rather kind person? It's was in 1973-1974. I still have a great memory of you Carol Baker, and you Ruth Travers, and you Niels (?)-you gave me a picture of yourself on a bike, ha ha, everybody knows now-and others whose names don't come back to my mind.
Carol, have you still got the Charlie Hebdo collection? Did you marry John?
My children are 20 and 18! I'm now living in Amiens-the cathedral is a marvel, why not come and have a look at it? My english is getting poorer and poorer, it would be such a good training to receive you.
Actually, I was trying to find a phone number and heard that Mundella had closed down.
Love from Fred

Kay Allen

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 05:18 am:   

Hi does anyone remember me, my name was Kay Allen (I'm now Kay Fox) and I went to Mundella from '63 -'68 and my sister Lee was there from '61 to '66

I remember a lot of names so would love to hear from anyone, Marilyn Ward, Sandra Winkle, Patricia Pickering, Susan Limer to name but a few..... so many. I live in Australia so would love to hear from anyone from the old school.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:50 am:   

my name is mark pato paterson.i don t nothing about computers.i attentend mundella from 80to85.i wish i did cause i try n comunicate with someone who knew me.education,education,education.help me and i will tell you how me and phil hodkinson were the last ever pupils to enter mundella school.i hope were still immune from prosecution

Sheila Wilson

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2001 - 07:35 am:   

Looking for Carol Brown, Elsie Sole, Pat Carmicheal, Carol's Dad had a stall at the old fish market, Elsie was a redhead, years were 56 to 59, would love to hear from more people, intouch with a few , Marion Osmand from Ausi, Diane Squires, Christine Steveson. Teresa Lindsay is another name , she seems to elude everyone who has been in touch from long ago to present, hope to make any reunion planned for next year, now living in Phoenix, Arizona. Any info please write.

Pat Dean

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2001 - 01:43 am:   

TO DR.FRANK PEAKE 1925 - 1928

I am Pat Dean, the wife of SAM DEAN who was at Mundella 1922 - 1927 (appx). Do you remember him? He was good cricketer and scholar. Also, he was Head Boy at some period. If you remember him do please let me know. I am arranging a surprise 90th Birthday Party for him and it would be wonderful if I could give him a message from someone who knew him. If you do know him and were able to come to the party on 10th November, in Poole Dorset, we would be delighted.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Gillette

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 02:17 am:   

David, thank you for your good wishes. I have been very proud of the expressions of support that have been made by the UK, especially the final night of the Proms which I was able to hear over the Internet.

The whole world has been affected by this atrocity, but, in the words of our old school song, "Go Forward" is the keynote and we must do whatever we can in our own ways to bring sanity into our communities.

I have been so delighted to be connected to this website and thank you so much to whoever put the idea there in the first place. I've been able to connect up with old friends and made quite a few new ones!

Yes, I think I remember you, David, and I remember quite a few from your year. Maybe, in time, we'll be hearing from many more of the pre-'50's and early '51 era.

David Pearson

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2001 - 05:09 pm:   

To Pat Gillette
Just to let you know you're not alone, I was in the M forms 45-52: also a prefect and Thoresby Captain; known for doing a bit of boxing (and being unaware of the correct use of the full and semi-colon). I used to knock around with a maniac called Bill Mandle who went to Oxford and became a university don in Australia. I became an academic myself rather late in life when ICI turned down my application for Chairman.
Still missing those halcyon days at the old school but otherwise loving life.
On a sadder note - watched the last night of the proms on TV yesterday dedicated to the victims of the terrorist attack on America. Tell your friends we weep with them.
You might be interested in the items on the War Memorial and school artefacts - see General Chat.
Best wishes. David

Nigel Law

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 01:21 am:   

Anyone know where Phil Towle is ?

sue cliff nee Jackson

Posted on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 10:52 pm:   

would love to hear from anyone from 1967-1972 iwas in forms 1s,2s 3h 4a2 and 5a2

Janice Anderson

Posted on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:28 am:   

Dear Frank
I was interested to read your message. My father (Eric Payne) was at Mundella in the 1920s. When he was 16 (in 1927) he received a prize for Cadet Work. The Cadet leader was Mr T C Thorpe and the Headmaster was R B Wright. If you have any recollections, I should love to hear them.
Janice Anderson (nee Payne)

Dr. Frank A. Peake

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 10:17 pm:   

I was at Mundella from 1925 to 1928
and should be any people who may have been at 2D 3D, 4D.

Dr. Frank A Peake

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 10:15 pm:   

I was at Mundella from 1935-1928
and should be interested who may have been at that time.

Tom Dignum

Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 02:05 pm:   

I attended Mundella from 1963-67 and am trying to get in touch with anyone that knew me, especially Steve Shaw. If anyone knows of him or about him please get in touch.
Anyone else is welcome to chat, there does not seem to be many recognisable names from the mid 60's about!

Montague Taylor

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2001 - 02:43 pm:   

Monty Taylor Mundella Jan 1951 - July 1956 - started in 1s with my twin brother Martin then 2M; 3M; 4s; 5s. - we were in the same class except 2nd & 3rd years. We both played hockey and were in Hardwick House. Some class names I can still remember are Terry Dickinson (Barton Hart christened him "Mary" and it stuck all through school!!!)Mike Walters, Terry Coates, Tony Wilkinson, Peter Kemp, John Sleaford, Julia Holmes, Rita McKay. My father (also Martin Taylor) was at Mundella in 1920s and started the hockey team there, as was my father-in-law Geoff Woodruff(still going strong aged 92!!). I now live in Henley-on-Thames and would like to hear from anyone of those years.

Pat Gillette Curtis

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2001 - 12:04 pm:   

Calling from Southern California - Pat Gillette of the 'M' forms 1946 through 1951, then worked in school office for 2 years. Would love to contact friends from those years.

Angela Williams

Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2001 - 03:37 am:   

To Marilyn Lee
Did you get my e mail of 11/07/01 with all the information you needed about P Schatzberger?
If not email me and I will send it for you again.

From Angela Williams (nee Jackson)
at Mundella 1961-66

Cynthia Harrison was Snaith

Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2001 - 02:06 am:   

Anyone know the whereabouts of Linda Wright? She was at Mundella from 1959 to 1964 and lived at Sneinton then at Mapperley. What about John Mabbott or Ian Langley also in the same class?

Sandy White - nee Sandra Stones

Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:54 pm:   

Hi everyone out there. This is Sandy White (again) nee Sandra Stones. I was at Mundella in the 50s and I am would love to hear from anyone that knows of Susan Hearson's whereabouts. She has a sister called Carol Hearson if that helps. She used to live in the Meadows area (if that still exists). I haven't lived in Nottingham for 35 years so I am sure it has changed beyond recognition. Come on 50s pupils - don't let the swinging 60s kids put us to shame - let's have some input from some of you!!

Cynthia Harrison

Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 04:34 am:   

Hi. I was at Mundella from 1959 to 1966 and was then Cynthia Snaith. Please contact me if you remember me.
I am still in touch with: Jane Clerbaut, Lesley Chapman, Sheila Hunt, Maria Kwoka, Lynne Wilkinson - and was in touch with Penny Radford but sadly she is no longer with us.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

ian baggaley

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 02:28 pm:   

Hi
Ian baggaley here from 1961 1966. Would like to hear from anyone in that era!!

Lee Keating

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:46 pm:   

Hi, I'd love to hear from old friends Ann Woodward, Georgia Weston, Charlotte Clough, Mark Ashley, Kanwarjit Baryar or anyone in my year 1973-78. Lee Keating(nee Thornhill)

john williams

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 02:03 am:   

Looking for Dave Cox who was at the school between 1961 and 1966.

John Brown

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 05:23 am:   

Trying to pin down Paul Atkinson (Acko) from around 60-67

Jane Turner Goodwin

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 02:59 am:   

Looking for John Gedney at Mundella 1941 - 1945 or '46.
Can anyone help?
Thanks. Jane Goodwin (Turner)

pam read

Posted on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:41 pm:   

Does anyone know where Rita Mackay is? We were at school together from 1950 - 55 in the 'm' forms
Please contact me if you have any news.

Dave Kilner

Posted on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:53 pm:   

Anybody know where Rob Foster is? - he left in 1970.

Stan Hammersley

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 09:03 pm:   

I would like to contact Brian TURNER of form 1 S from 1951 Stan Hammersley!

marilyn lee

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 06:24 am:   

Susan Ward where are you?
Marilyn Lee (formerly Torz)

marilyn lee

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 06:23 am:   

Does anyone know of Phillip Shatzburger? of 'Are you Lonesome tonight' fame, re: Tilly 'deaf'Townsend!!!!!

Marilyn Torz (now Lee)

Sara Covington

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 02:01 am:   

If anyone knows my best friend from Mundella Susan Yeomans, I'd love to get in touch again.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page