Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Leavers in 1972

Mundella School » Where are they now? » Leavers in 1972 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spot

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 06:59 pm:   

Hi Dave
You certainly brought back memories with some of those names - I remember Donna Reid and Dawn Parsons - who could forget them!! Sigh!!!
Others I'm a little hazier with - brain cells aren't what they were - not that they worked very well at school :-)
Next time we're down that way on hols, I'll pop in for a pint!

dave smith

Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 03:02 am:   

well done bob for all your efforts i have been in touch with quite a few who left in 72 but i am exiled in devon i am at the duke of cornwall pub in ivybridge just off the A38 if anybody is coming to either devon or cornwall then pop in.I am hopefully going over to Australia in a few months to see steve cox and pip mclure who was a year below me at school but in the football team what has happened to alan parfitt phil pratt paul lane malcolm marshall pamela belshaw gillian ward lynn dooley donna read and dawn parsons see you soon dave smith

sue jackson

Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:50 am:   

dianne,
would love to write to you,my e-mail address is
susan.cliff@ntlworld.com
sue jackson

sue jackson

Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:43 am:   

hi dianne,
i`ve not seen anyone from school at all!are you still in nottingham?if so i`d love to meet up with you.

Dianne Lamontagne

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 03:09 am:   

Hello Sue Jackson. Remeber me Dianne Archer. We used to go to Santa Fe every Thursday. I still keep in touch with Vicki Coles. Lost touch with the others though. I used to see Stephen Cole's Mum and Dad but have not seen them for a while, last I heard he was in Boston. any one else out there, Karen Lees Beverley Ellis, Bev Nam. I could go on and on. Anyway anyone who might remeber me I would love to hear from you. Di

claire

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:52 pm:   

Susan Cliff

Have you managed to contact any of the others. Donna Reid emailed me but I'm still waiting to hear from her again.

Claire Thomson (nee Ogram)

susan cliff

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 09:45 pm:   

Hi Sue grimes,
i remember you from class 5a2 1971/72 i sat near the front next to Vicki Coles and behind karen lees.Still living in Nottingham
sue jackson (now Cliff)

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:18 pm:   

Hi Sue

Nice to see another name.

Which year did you leave in, and when - the old grey cells need some prompting these days.

Regards

Bob

Sue

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 12:03 am:   

I can be contacted at susan.wilcockson@ntlworld.com

Steve Adcock

Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 05:19 am:   

Sue

How can we get in touch if you haven't left your address?

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 06:29 pm:   

Hi Sue

Remember me? Bob Woolsey (AKA Spot). I'm one of those who left from the 6th in 72.

I've had contact with quite a few from our lot via the Friends Reunited site - have you tried that one? (http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/)

One you MAY remember is Julie Kirk - but she's not responding to email (either I've upset her, or she's lost access to email).

Another is Sue Jackson as was (now Cliff).

Tony Gore has set up an email forum for our lot (at http://www.aspen-e.com/mail/lyris.pl?enter=classof72 if you want to join).

Let me know if you remember me at bob@bobwoolsey.co.uk

Regards
Bob

Sue

Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 03:50 am:   

Hello just found this site and found my name mentioned. Susan Grimes. I haven't heard from anyone in years.

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 06:28 pm:   

Repeat: Class of 72

Is there anyone out there?

Martin Roe has suggested a repeat performance of our recent reunion early next year (2003).

Come on, any takers?

Bob (Spot) Woolsey

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 02:49 am:   

Oxy-something.

I never said I fancied Tilley Townsend - she'd put anyone off their stroke by bending over them.

I can't think of any young, fanciable art teacher at Mundella. Only Geography ones, and perhaps Maths - not that it did me any good i either subject!

Hey Ho!

Mike Dawkins

Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 10:25 pm:   

Attractive and Tilly Townsend - isn't that an oxymoron or something?

Mike

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 06:36 pm:   

That was Tilley Townsend, wasn't it?

Middle aged Scottish lady.

I never was any good at art anyway. Although she did teach me how to draw a head starting with an egg-shape. Useful or what?

Jim Dunn

Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 02:48 am:   

I was there from 1971 to 1976, who was the short female art teacher. The way she used to lean over desks was dreadful. It put me of my stroke. I never did learn how to draw or paint.

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:13 pm:   

Hi Richard

There were several very attractive young teachers, or am I looking back with rose tinted specs?

There were a lot of very nice fifth formers too when we were in the sixth as I recall (see reference to miniskirts at school discos!)

Was it all true, or am I just becoming a dirty old man? Answers on a postcard please.

PS, it's nice to see someone's using this forum!

Richard Gutteridge

Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 02:40 am:   

Well working the checkouts at Sainsbury's (ah how the mighty have fallen) seen Maths teacher Miss Hunt and French teacher Heather Savage - also see Mike Taylor (now Rev'd)formerly Physics teacher from time to time. I also remember a very attractive teacher Sally? Williams anyone know any more?

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 09:55 pm:   

Come on you lot! Anyone else out there from this period? Any period? I'm not fussy!

Blackberry picking up the railway embankment when we were supposed to be doing x-country, coming back with purple stains in white shorts because said blackberries were stuffed into shorts pocket.

Being picked for the school x-country team because we miss-timed things and got back before everyone else! Came last in the competition (at Fairfields as I recall). Never picked again!!

X-country (again!), and stopping off at the kiosk for a cornish nasty and a cup of tea! Much better than all that dashing about!

Greasy spoon caffy on London Road where we spent all our fre periods (supposed to be learning, but what the heck!). Leaving the tops loose on the salt + pepper! Childish yes, but we found it funny!

School discos, and the girls micro-mini skirts! sigh!

Roaring into the school gates on our motorbikes (late as usual), and getting a telling off about riding bikes inside school - well, who the heck PUSHES a motorbike for heavens sake!

Winding up Mr Lawson in Physics! Now there was scope for fun! Synchronised pencil dropping? Mr Lawson wacking his ruler to keep order, only to have the thing disintegrate on the benchtop!

Any more memories? The more I think, the more they come flooding back.

Go-on, key in your favourites!

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 03:48 am:   

Miss Lincoln - that's it!

Thanks Andy.

PS I see you give your dates as 66-70 - you must have been in my year. Do you remember me? I don't recall your name just now - put it down to old age! The memory's going dontcha know ;-)

Andy Warren

Posted on Friday, May 03, 2002 - 10:56 pm:   

Hi Bob,

Was it Miss Lincoln?

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 10:40 pm:   

Mrs Fernandez doesn't ring any bells - unless I knew her by her maiden name. We called her Miss .... (something or other) it'll come to me sooner or later.

And Miss Glover - you're right Mike - thanks for reminding me. drooool!

Mike

Posted on Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 12:22 am:   

Bob
I believe the Geo teacher you refer to was a Miss Glover,and I whole heartedly support your observations.
Mike

Julia Pearl

Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 04:34 pm:   

I think the maths teacher was Mrs Fernandez - she was really petite, very kind and left to have a baby. Don't remember a geography teacher unless you mean Miss Hunt?

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 10:30 pm:   

Hi Richard

Yes, I remember the prefabs well. We occupied one beside Tilly Townsends art class room at one stage (tennis court end of the school). I wonder if she's still with us?

I remember a small attractive maths teacher too - what was her name? And a gorgeous geography teacher name of - damn, it's gone!! Played tennis a lot. All the pubescent boys watched with eyes on stalks!

We also occupied a prefab the other end of school (Embankment end) at one stage - can't remember the years now, it's sooo long ago.

Richard Gutteridge

Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 12:25 am:   

Well I was in your class Bob - remember the prefabs - 1s & 2s - Hanson's half hour with that student. Wonder where all the others are? I am in touch with Stephen Bones - but I've known him since 1961! Saw Neil Chamberlain in 1981 but apart from that. Any one ever hear what happened to the Superb singers Stephanie Smith & Susan Grimes (1967-74)Or Jennifer Parr. Jaqueline Smith, Susan Boruch from the 1966 arivals?

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 06:28 pm:   

Hi again Sue

I think you must have been 2 years younger than me, which would put you 2 rows in front in the 1969 photo? Are you on it?

If you look at the caption, it says 'Nottingham' at the bottom. Go up from the 'M' to the 2nd row from the back. Then go 2 heads to the right (your right), and I'm the bloke in glasses.

Bob

susan jackson

Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2002 - 08:30 pm:   

Hi Bob,
if you find anyone from 67-72 ,let me know,i`d love to go to a reunion.anyone out there who remembers me,please get in touch,
sue jackson

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 - 06:54 pm:   

Hi

Bob Woolsey (Spot) here.

Anyone around from the class of '72?

I'd love to here from anyone who was around during my stay (1965-1972).

All the best to everyone

Bob

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page