Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Name That Face

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1960s » Name That Face « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

cswright

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 12:20 am:   

I notice this site sadly lacking in names I remember form 61/69 like Stuart Wainwright,Neil swanick,Terry Ryan Diane Smith,Janet Deane,Phil Holland,Alison Davies,Suezanne Holmes,Steve Simpson,Stphen Seaton,Malcolm Boot,Stuart Perkins-I could go on- yes ok I am going on a bit-as usual

Bob Woolsey Spot

Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 04:01 am:   

Hi Paul

We have already been in contact, but just a quickie to say there are some pictures from our reunion last year, both on this Mundella web page, and on my site at http://www.bobwoolsey.co.uk

We've pencilled in Saturday March 20th 2004 for our next get together. Here's hoping many of our contemporaries can make it.

Regards

Bob Woolsey

paul lucas

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 04:23 am:   

I was at Mundella from 1965 - 1972. Hey, they really were the best years of my life! My contemporaries were people like Louise Brown, Margaret Banham, Shirley Fraser, Stephen Sobol, Dave (Taff) Roberts (Head Boy 1972), Kathleen Hinton, Trevor Platt, Stephen Bones, Gwen Lalgee.

Anybody out there remember any of these, still in contact with them - are you one of them - especially Dave Roberts with whom I would like to make contact.

After disastrous A level results I spent 3 years at North London Poly doing a degree in English Literature and then went into the public transport industry in which I still work as Passenger Transport Manager of Stoke-on-Trent City Council. Stoke is universally acclaimed as the worst place to live in britain!

Hoping to hear from somebody who shared those precious Mundella years.....

Paul Lucas

Elizabeth Dwane (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 04:46 pm:   

Does anyone remember me or know of the whereabouts of Pauline Czapiewski.(pronounced Chipioski). I lost touch with her after she got married to someone called Trevor (can't remember surname)in the early 70's I think?

Elaine Stainsby

Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 07:54 pm:   

Hi Sue
How are you?I hav'nt kept in touch with anyone from Mundella.The reunion was really good.I noticed that the women hadn't changed that much but the men had!Bald heads and beards!Where are you living now?I live in a village called Hallaton in Leicestershire.I've been married for 31 years-how about you?

Sue Fletcher

Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 09:32 pm:   

Hi Elaine
i remember you very well. altho' I was in the year below I lived opposite you accross the 'lane'. how was the reunion? do you still keep in touch with maureen or Brenda?

Elaine Stainsby

Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 08:58 pm:   

It's Elaine Stainsby(Kilby) again.I forgot to put the years I was at Mundella.I was there1959-66

Elaine Stainsby

Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 06:38 pm:   

Does anyone remember me!Elaine Stainsby( Now Kilby)I am also in the biology lab photo with Marilyn Torz.I have fond memories of old Monkeydella.Spending every lunchtime in the biology lab feeding the animals so we did not have to go out!

Sarbjit Johal

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 12:02 pm:   

I was at Mundella from 1964-1971. After that I went to the University of Reading, University of British Columbia, and graduated with my Ph.D. at the University of California, Santa Barbara. I am now a Professor of Political Science at Fresno City College, California. I taught for five years at San Francisco City College. Some of the teachers I remember at Mundella were Mr. Hoard, Mrs Crossley, Mr. Walker (PE), Mr. Garofall (English), Mr. Stober (History), the Reverend Way (Milky Way), Chalky White (Biology). The best teachers were Ms. Savage and Mr. Bates (both French) and Mr. Lightbown (History) and also a geography teacher whose name I have forgotten, but I remember he was from South Shields.
Some of the names of Mundellans were Stephen Spencer, Paul Millichamp, Robert Spencer, Alvin Wright, Russell Smith, Jeremy Grubb, Edwina Chapman, Tina Dean, Ann Cooper, Azad Khan.
I visit the UK every other year, but the last times I have visited I have stayed in London or gone to Dorset where my older sister lives. I am interested in coming to Nottingham next time.
So if anyone remembers the group of Mundellans from 1964-74, please reply.

Helen Pallett

Posted on Monday, September 03, 2001 - 04:15 pm:   

Well Peter I can help you with Pat Lockie and Sue Fox as I am still in touch with both,they have both for many years been in Canada and USA respectively.I am Helen (Roper )1959-1964 as I arrived from London in 1959 to the third year and became friends with Pat Lockie,Sue Fox, Mercia Brentnall and Val Burns,all of whom I have kept in touch with to a lesser or greater extent,even visited Canada recently ! Over the years I have met Terry Harrison, Margaret Ward, Mr Mitchell (RE)and Mr Robinson (History and responsibility for the library )but can think of few others. Somewhere I have some photos of a school trip to celebrate the end of our O levels so will try to trace them and send them in. History of me....became a librarian as I always intended ,married David(my boyfriend in the 6th form...remember those parties at Pete Campbell's and the boatclub???? ),2 super children (but you were wrong Tony Hurst not by the time I was 21 and you promised me a meal out for my 21st !!!)ended up in education as Mr Moody predicted but as a school librarian. Still working and still enjoying it,recently went to the Falklands to give advice on school libraries.So where are all our friends from 1957-1964 ?

Cynthia Harrison

Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 04:39 am:   

I was at Mundella from 1959 to 1966. I was then Cynthia Snaith. I look forward to hearing from any of you who remember me.

John Brown

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 05:20 am:   

Who knows where Paul Atkinson (Acko) is?

Peter Wilson

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2001 - 02:56 am:   

Anyone around from 1957-64, remember me Peter Wilson.

I remember Chris Morely, Eddie Clifford, Colin Jackson, Richard Walker, Peter Campbell, Dave Foster, Dave Cooke, Alan Evans, Tony Hurst who I used to be in touch with, Terry Harrison
More interestingly, the Swinglers, Kay Smith, Pat Lockie, Maggie Fraser, Sue Fox, Sylvia Brown and many more.

What ever happened to Mr. Baggot, Dolly Onions,Mr Daykin, Mr Robinson, Miss Barlow and others.

After graduating from Bristol, got married, lived in London then spent my working life on major engineering and construction projects - Airports in Borneo, Steelworks in Algeria, Fertilizer Plants in Iran, Water/Effluent/De-sal Plants in Middle East, Hong Kong, etc.

Used to live in Huddersfield,now live near York - kids moved on into IT, inevitably. Still working as a Consultant in the Water Industry. Slowing down. Still visit Nottingham occasionally - relations.

Didn't realise until a few years ago that the School is now no more. Lost touch completely with the old crowd! Generally it did us all a good deal!

Marilyn Lee

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 06:20 am:   

Does anyone remember me? Marilyn Lee (nee Torz), I'm in the Biology Lab photo, we were also called 'Pot Legs' The Mods of Mundella. Where is Phillip Shatzburger?

Tim

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 03:08 am:   

Dave

Send it me again. I will try to guess some more

Dave Kilner

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 04:39 pm:   

I started a speadsheet with the names of pupils and staff on the 1969 Panorama Photograph. It got off to a roaring start but has now stalled a bit. If anyone feels that they might be able to contribute I will happily send you a copy of the spreadsheet if you drop me an email to dave@kilner.demon.co.uk.

Thanks to all who have already put so much effort into this project.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page