Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Paris & The Loire Valley 1968 or 1969...

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1960s » Paris & The Loire Valley 1968 or 1969 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keith Davies

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 05:18 am:   

Michael, I also remember the trip very well, although my memory is that we might have all been in our 3rd year making it 1967. It was either 1967 or 1968. I cannot think of the name of the other woman teacher, but I seem to remember that she was tall, quite young, and may have had long blonde hair. I also think she taught us French at some point in the 4th year. In Paris I remember us all going up the Eiffel Tower, visiting Napoleon's tomb, Sacre Coeur etc. We stayed in some old hotel that had steep narrow staircases. Myself, Graham Addison, Stephen James and one other (possibly David Platt) ended up in a room right at the top. I don't remember the food being very good on the trip, especially in the school in Chinon. Although for our last evening meal, they did advise us afterwards that the stew contained amongst other things, frogs legs and snails. Not sure how true that was, but I think we may have been quite impressed at the time. Do you remember the grotty school dormitories that we had to sleep in whilst in Chinon?? I do remember you using a cine camera on the trip. I also used up a few films on the trip, but the pictures are mostly of Paris and various French Chateau's (not surprisingly). I'll have a look through the negatives and see if there are any photos of pupils and teachers, and if they are still intact. I'll publish some pictures on the web site.

Sue Sprengel

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 04:08 am:   

Yes I remember the trip, we stayed for some time at Chinon in a school I think, can't remember the other teacher though

Michael Rose

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 03:07 am:   

I remember a schooltrip to France in 1968 I think. We went to Paris and then the Loire Valley. I took a cine camera and have the film somewhere. I remember 3 teachers - Heather Savage, Mr Roberts (and wife?) and another woman teacher (?). I was friendly with Graham Higgins who was on the trip (he now lives in Birmingham). Does anyone else remember the trip?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page