Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MUNDELLA 66 the story so far

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1960s » MUNDELLA 66 the story so far « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stevea
Username: Stevea

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 02:08 am:   

Sunday 6th August

Regulars Ian Baggaley, Steve Adcock, John Whitaker, John Williams, Angela Jackson, Paul Pearson, Chris Smith, Phil Voce, Marion Fritchley, Jean Donovan, Stuart Cumberpatch, Christine Allen and Dave Cutts were joined by Marilyn Mellors (last seen in 1986) plus newcomers Liz Hill and Sandra Whitney. Add three husbands, and we had a sizable gathering.

It would have been a nice day for sitting on the embankment steps. I'll try and arrange it next year.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:34 am:   

Old rockers never die,

they just need bikes with electric starters.

On Sunday 15 August, Vince (nee Bernie) Baker, Steve Adcock, and John Whitaker joined approx. 160 other motorcyclists on a charity run from Bottesford to Skegness in aid of the local Air Ambulance. A great day in good weather. Not an oil leak or missing nut and bolt to be seen. Oh how times have changed!

There's a similar run in October. So if there are any other bikers out there, how about joining us and becoming the Mundella Motorcycle Club for a day?.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 09:03 pm:   

Friday 11th June 3 of us, with partners, met for lunch at The Lifeboat in Thornham. An old smugglers haunt on the coastal salt flats, it provided good food and drink followed by a walk to the beach in windy conditions. Paul discovered Boadicea's Beach Hut, and invited us in for a quick meditate.
Leaving around 5 o'clock, saw us arriving in King's Lynn just after the parking restrictions ended. Perfect. We checked in to The Globe, then split up with arrangements to reconvene at 8 o'clock.
With the strains of Coronation Street's closing music in our ears, we hurried down to reception to meet a "newcomer", Vince Baker (nee Bernie) and his wife Marylin. A brave pair if ever there was one, they had decided to come along without a prior meeting. Just as well, probably. Who in their right mind would knowingly join our mad gang?
We tried the pub next door, but there was no food available. Well, that's not exactly true, but there was no choice other than Hobson's. The rest of the town was in "English" mode...."you want to eat at WHAT time, it's almost 9 o'clock!" So we ended up at the Lattice House, a Wetherspoons, until chucking out time. We returned to the Globe. This is a Lloyds version of Wetherspoons, and therefore open until midnight. A temptation that proved too strong for some members of the party.

Sat 12th. Following a bargain breakfast, we decamped to Wroxham under threatening skies. As Molly Windley was nowhere to be found, we took a boat up river to Horning. For some reason, one of our members took the controls as we arrived. He then caused great merriment by trying to park prettily. The number of times that he got within a gnats nadger before accelerating away from the mooring prompted us to think he was doing it on purpose. Having regained dry land, we celebrated by going to a pub to eat and drink. Is this beginning to sound familiar? Suitably refreshed, we set off on the homeward leg. Interrupted only by the ice-cream boat (is this living or what?), we returned safely, and paid the traditional visit to ROYS where the majority picked up a bargain or two.
For what we did this evening, please refer to yesterday evening. The only alteration being that we all had last drinks at the Globe.

Sun 13th 2 set off home, leaving 6 of us to do the tourist trail around Kings Lynn then depart for Hunstanton. The weather at last picked up, and Vince proudly revealed his Mediterranean tan immediately we arrived, only putting it away again when we went to a pub for food and drink.
A final ice cream and it was time for fond farewells.

See you next year?

Cast list
Steve Adcock and Jenny
Paul Beaumont and Pauline
Vince (nee Bernie) Baker and Marylin
Ian Beaumont and Sue

Steve Adcock

Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 08:58 pm:   

20th April 2004 The Roebuck(catching up again)

Steve Adcock, Paul Beaumont, Paul Pearson, John Williams, and Chris Smith were joined by the girls for a pleasant change. Gundega and Dagnija Balodis, plus Christine Allen.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:18 am:   

December 7th 2003 (just catching up) The Trip to Jerusalem.

A very pleasant afternoon with the regulars joined by Stuart Thompson (when not working behind the bar), and a guest visit from Gundega's sister Dagnija. Six of us rounded off the evening by taking advantage of the "all you can eat" offer at Ocean City. All sitting at the same table, and wandering up for seconds....almost like school dinners!

Steve Adcock

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:20 pm:   

October 15 2003
A quiet night in The Roebuck.
Steve Adcock, John Whitaker, and Chris Smith welcomed Gundega Balodis to our midst (she has been along before, but I forgot to post the news. Ooops!). We actualy remembered to perform a committee task, and decided on a date for our Christmas drink....December 7th, at the Trip.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 04:09 am:   

One year on, DOUBLE HISTORY!

On July 11th, Adcock S, Whitaker J, and Beaumont P gathered in Tewkesbury with partners. So did a supporting cast of thousands belonging to the Black Bear society. We had picked the weekend commemorating the battle of Tekesbury in 15 or 16 something (I was looking out of the window as usual!!)
The weather was scorcio, the pubs were crowded, and it could be difficult to get food at times as "the chef has been busy". Other than that we had a brilliant time.
Oh, and we took along Beaumont I (66 onwards) to fag for us. Fetch the beer, pass me a sandwhich, peel me a grape, that sort of thing. He was very good, we didn't have to put his head down the toilet once (unfortunately).

Double History?.....On Saturday AND Sunday, the Black Bears showed us how to hit each other with sharp sticks whilst wearing heavy woollen clothing. Reminded me of us vs Trent Bridge School!

Next year, so rumour has it, will be Languages. You have been warned.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 07:19 pm:   

66’ers on tour or “5 go mad in the Lakes”.

At the ‘66 reunion in March, Steve Adcock, John Whitaker, Paul Beaumont, Sheila Mitchell, and Anna Cortens conceived a plan to go on a school outing to the Lake District.
Following weeks of frantic Emails attempting to coordinate this raggedy bunch (well done Sheila), we had a cunning plan. The weekend of 12-14 July was set aside to take over a small B&B in Ambleside.

Come the great occasion, the 5 of us plus 4 partners assembled on the Friday, made introductions where necessary, and spent a pleasant evening together.

Saturday was field trip day. A split occurred, with 2/3 getting serious up the hills, the remaining 1/3 choosing a stroll around the Lake. In retrospect, the hills were probably easier!!

Sunday we went out on a boat, most returning by open-top bus thereby becoming proper tourists for the day. The Whitakers (re)joined the Hells Angels and returned by VW Trike/Taxi.

Sunday afternoon we went our separate ways. An enjoyable weekend spent in great company.

Will we do it again?……………Watch this space!

Steve Adcock

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 02:45 am:   

Sunday March 24th.

Newcomer:- welcome to Phil Kirwan.

Regulars:- Steve Adcock, John Whitaker, Dave Cutts, Paul Beaumont, Martin Hardy, Ian Baggaley, Sheila Mitchell, Anna Cortens, Jean Donovan, Marion Fritchley.

Interlopers (from 1960-65):- Alan Brooks, Dave Walters, Sue Fletcher, Maurice Moore, and briefly, John Storer.

John Whitaker has digitised a school badge, and enlarged it to magnificent proportions. It makes an impressive table decoration. Ten out of ten!

Steve Adcock

Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 - 02:55 am:   

Latest news

We have recently added Lee Allen and Elizabeth Hill to our list. Now up to 45.

If Janice Taylor, Lynne Cranwell, Christine Bayliss, or John Hollingworth read this, please contact me. We have seen your names on Friends Reunited.

And anyone else passing through. DON'T BE SHY, there may possibly be someone asking about you right now!

Steve Adcock

Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 - 02:42 am:   

December 11 2001
Welcome to Martin Hardy who joined the "Committee" for an interesting evening. Especially the "caustic soda - pippette - acid drops" story!

Andy Roughton

Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2001 - 05:03 am:   

I saw this site advertised at the Forest game against Norwich on Boxing Day and could not believe my eyes (and I'm not just talking about Forest winning 2-0!)What a great idea.I'm always nostalgic about the old place when I drive along the Embankment on my way to watch the Reds. My name's Andy Roughton(1961-1968) and was a member of the one and only 5X.I was into Drama and hockey.I will rush to find my old copies of the Mundellan.Hello to anyone who remembers me.

Steve Adcock the Elder

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 03:20 am:   

OCTOBER 7 2001
Five new faces today.
Welcome to Marion Fritchley, Ian Baggaley (from Poole, winner of the long distance award), Sheila Mitchell, Suzanne Perkins, and Anna Cortens.
Joined by regulars: Steve Adcock, John Whitaker, John Williams, Angela Jackson, Jean Donovan, Ian Gott, Chris Smith, and Paul Beaumont. With a guest appearance by Maurice Moore.
Anna brought along 3 copies of the Mundellan, and a Die Fledermaus programme from 1964(?) autographed by most of the cast.
Maurice had two 'photos of a school trip to Crich featuring our year. So now we have another task…naming faces again. Anybody out there who went on this trip?

Finally, as an extra, the 5X contingent set of to the Trip to Jerusalem to see Stuart Thompson who is working there.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 07:58 pm:   

April 1 2001 saw us at it again! The upsurge of interest due to the website led us to start "recontacting" people, and for new names to start appearing.

Those attending were:
Steve Adcock, John Williams, John Whitaker, Paul Beaumont, Mick Glynn, Dave Cutts ,Phil Voce, Stuart Cumberpatch, Ian Gott, Steve Cree, Jean Donovan, Julie Redhead, Christine Allen, Hilary Sworder, Angela Jackson(Williams), Linda Wright, Christine Pottinger, and Shirley Dykes.

Mostly repeat visitors, but we're working on it. And would you believe that one of these people actualy lives on the old School site!

Steve Adcock

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 07:51 pm:   

In 1986, we had a 20 year reunion in The Newcastle Arms, North Sherwood Street. Using the latest technology, the names were kept on punch card, and copies printed out on a Mainframe.
We had a fantastic evening, then mainly went our separate ways again!!

Those attending were:
Alan Crabtree; Roy Meakin; Keith Radmall; John Rickard; James Shepherd; Christine Allen (Eagle); Christine Daykin (Silver); Christine White (Turner); Lynda Wright; Graham Hibbard; Richard Shipley; Graham Slack (Radcliffe); Phil Voce; John Whitaker; Leonora Collishaw (Shrewsbury); Ian Coker; Keith Edwards; Geoff Gibson; Bill Marshall; Kathryn Dewick; Jean Donovan (Arrowsmith); Marylin Mellors; Christine Pottinger (Wanklin);Julie Redhead (Swift); Glynis Walsh (Davies); Dave Cutts; Steve Ford; Mick Glynn; Philip Martin; Chris Smith; Susan Hallam (Kotowitcz); Hilary Sworder; Steve Adcock; Bernard Baker; Steve Cree; Ian Gott; Jeff Sheldon; John Williams; Angela Jackson (Williams); Jill Truelove (Watson); John Blenkinsop; Harry Fowler; Felicity Chappel (Corton)

Steve Adcock

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 07:42 pm:   

We have what is laughingly referred to as THE COMMITTEE which holds evening meetings.This is usualy: Steve Adcock, John Williams, John Whitaker, Paul Beaumont, Mick Glynn, and Dave Cutts.
John Pownall and Chris Smith have joined us, plus we have had a flying visit from Paul Pearson.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page