Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

REUNION PARTY 2002 - PLEASE SIGN UP...

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1960s » REUNION PARTY 2002 - PLEASE SIGN UP HERE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Michael Burbage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:10 pm:   

Have only just located this site - I didn't think there was so much on the net for us red and yellas. Whilst I would love to get to one of the reunions I am afraid that will be pretty difficult as I live in Sydney Australia (actually a suburb of Sydney called Girraween).

My name is Dave Burbage and I went by the nicknames of budge (for budgerigar - I know not why) or garbage (some friend made a variant play on my surname). I went to Mundella in 63 to 68. I have recently made contact with one other pupil from those years (Susan Simpson nee Needham) and am awaiting replies from several others.

Anyone wanting to communicate my emails are burbagedavem@hotmail.com or daiburbs@aol.com or David_Burbage@wsahs.nsw.gov.au

Cynthia

Posted on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 12:49 am:   

Hi Tom, I am afraid there are no plans at the moment for annual reunions on the scale of the one we have just had. Smaller friendship groups will hold mini reunions in the meantime, I am sure, but I don't think we had anyone there from your year, so I can't even offer you one of those.

As for persuading your year-group to take an interest in a reunion for them specifically, I can tell you that you have to work hard on people to persuade them that they would like to come. Some are easier than others, but you have to work on the more diffident ones. Don't just sit back and wait for them to contact you, go for them and make it to difficult for them to say no!! Then when you have a reasonable number on the list, others will willingly join it. After that it just grows like Topsy. So, if you want a reunion that will be particularly relevant to you, that is what you should do!

For your interest, and the interest of others who may be thinking about the next one, I will add the list of those attendees for September 21st 2002:

Alan Robinson
Alan Tomkin
Alan White & Lizzy Hughes
Andrew Tollyfield
Angela Jackson
Ann Mellors & John Collin
Anna Cortens
Brian Johnson
Bob Harwood
Chris Hodson
Colin Potts
Cynthia Snaith
David Fulwood
David Miller
David Platt
David Vincent
David Wardle
Derek Twiddy
Diane Swinn
Duncan Macpherson
Edwina Chapman
Elaine Stainsby
Frank Ellis
Freda Wilkins
Geoffrey Taylor
George Cook
Glenis Rayson
Glynn Lowth
Gordon Noble
Graham Frost
Haydon Green
Heather Savage
Ian Baggaley
Ian Langley
Irene Rayson
Jane Clerbaut
Janet King & Tas Sirel
Jean Perkins
Jill Osborne
John James
John Korna
John Williams
Lesley Booth
Lesley Chapman
Linda Cousins & Alan Winfield
Lynne Wilkinson
Malcolm Fox
Maria Kwoka
Marilyn Torz
Maurice Moore
Mavourneen Lilley
Michael Bishop
Mick Byrne
Mick Court
Mick Fletcher
Mike Brown
Mr Alan Jacobs
Nigel Groome
Nikki Shipcott
Paul Beaumont - 1959 entry
Paul Beaumont - 1961 entry
Paul Pearson
Peter Holliday
Peter Stemberg
Phil Roberts
Philip Schatzberger
Philip Sisson
Philip Twiddy
Ray Pyke
Rob Attenborough
Roger Hardy
Rosalyn Davies
Rowena White
Sheila Hunt
Sheila Mitchell
Sheila Stuart
Shirley Shelton
Stephen Stagg
Stephen Wright
Steve Adcock
Suzanne Perkins.
Terry Woolley
Tim Holt
Tim Stevenson
Tony Cross
Tony Gleadell
Valerie Snell

Regards Cynthia

Thomas Dignum

Posted on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 01:45 pm:   

Cynthia, Why only every two years??

Due to family and work commitments I could not attend this years, so it is now 35 years since I've met anyone from my school days and we aren't getting any younger.

I've tried to drum up interest in a re-union for the pupils from my years 1963-68/70 but not many takers.

Would it be too much to ask for a re-union annually?

Cynthia

Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 10:16 pm:   

So, it looks like lots of you 1959-64/66 Mundellans, and friends from neighbouring years, would like to do the reunion thing all over again in 2004!

Several people have said that they didn't find the evening long enough to chat to all the people that they had intended finding, so repeating it would give them the chance to put that right.

The equivalent Saturday would be Saturday 18th September 2004, and I think using the same venue would mean most people already know how to get there.

The suggested charity to benefit this time is 'Plan International' (now known just as Plan, I think). Amongst other things they aim to help provide education for children in the poorest parts of the world, so would be a fitting charity.

I do hope you will be able to come to the next one. I have already found one person that I missed for the last, and will keep trying to find more.

norman walker

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 06:11 am:   

Just logged on 24/9/02 missed the reunion by a whisker. I am on a sabbatical at present so am getting to Nottingham as often as possible to go to the Forest games. Do any of my year go to the Forest games? I take my family along so perhaps we could have a getagether after a game?

Cynthia

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 04:30 am:   

Thank you all so much for coming and making the reunion such a great success. It was a fabulous evening. Thank you also for the wonderful surprise gifts. I didn't deserve any of that because the whole thing was a such a pleasure to organise from start to finish, and I enjoyed Saturday evening more than I can possibly describe.

I don't think any further reunions will have quite the same magic, as we have now seen each other as middle-aged adults, and there won't be the 36/38 year gap, but I am sure they will still be worth doing. We should perhaps take up George's suggestion of 2004, and it will be a doddle to organise this time as I won't have to try finding you all from scratch.

Perhaps in the meantime, you would like to think about how we might find those that we didn't find this time.

Go forward then Mundella. Go forward one and all!!!

My thanks once again.

Glynn Lowth

Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 06:29 pm:   

Wow, what an amazing reunion !!! It was really great to meet so many friends again last night. It was interesting to remember the old days at school (and meet Mr jacobs again - the homework will be ready Monday, honest!), and fascinating to find the variety of directions people have taken over the years. I look forward to staying in touch with as many people as possible. Well done Cynthia for organising such an excellent evening.

Alan White

Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 01:24 am:   

Hello all,

Since my messages don't seem to be getting through in the usual way, I thought I should post a message here.

Liz and I will definitely be coming to the reunion in September and are looking forward to meeting up with all our school friends of so many years ago. If you need some money Cynthia, or whoever is in charge of matters financial, please phone and let us know, or drop us an e-mail.

01543 490415
alan@alanwhite.tv

Cynthia

Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 02:36 am:   

Only four weeks to go, so this is your very last chance if you want to join us at the reunion party on September 21st. There are 100 of us attending, as it stands today, and if you would like to be included, you need to email me PDQ, by clicking on to my name at the top of this posting, and I will give you the address to send your £10 cheque. All are welcome as we have room for up to 150. So if you were in school during the 1960s, why not join us?

I will have to finalise the numbers before I get your cheque, so will probably have to put your money in for you. So please be very decisive about whether or not you intend to come, I don't want to pay for you, then find you don't arrive after all!!

Very much looking forward to seeing you all on the 21st. My special thanks to Richard Brown in Canada, and Shaun McCree in Australia for their determined efforts to help me trace people, even though neither of them is able to be there because of the impossible distance. We will drink to you both on the night!! I am really sorry that you have to miss it.

Cynthia

Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 01:34 am:   

Great News! Our party will now include a live performance from the band 'The Lost'. This group of our Mundella contemporaries played successfully in the sixties and can even now be thoroughly recommended as, in the words of Malc Fox, 'Bloody good!'

I am sure this will mean an even more memorable occasion, and I hope you are all still working at finding lost friends so that no one misses this fabulous event.

Cynthia

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 03:54 am:   

Hopefully you should all now have received an email from me giving the final details for our reunion party. However, Nigel Law, you seem to have changed your address as my email to you could not be delivered. Please make contact so that I can re-send it to you.

The balance, to make up to £10 per person, is required now please.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday September 21, at the Royal Regency Rooms, The Market Place, Ilkeston at 7.30pm.

Tim Stevenson

Posted on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 04:52 am:   

Cynthia

Due tp PC failure lost details of where to send deposit for reunion

please send again

Bob Harwood

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2002 - 12:14 am:   

Cynthia, hello and a belated Happy New Year to you et al. After having perused this excellent site for a few weeks,I have taken the plunge and applied digit to keyboard.It's 40 years since anybody referred to me as "Baz", but it's nice to see that I'm still being mentioned in despatches by some of my contemporaries (never the teachers, they were glad to see the back of me!).I look forward to putting faces to names, and vice versa in Ilkeston on September 11th, and would be grateful if you would reserve me a place.Let me know where to send the cash please. Kind regards. Bob/Baz.
(email bob.harwood@lineone.net)

Cynthia

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 03:27 pm:   

Delighted that you will all be joining us at the reunion party. We can take any old-Mundellans who would like to join us. I have emailed all those on the list below, and anyone else wanting to be included can email me by clicking on my name at the top of this entry.

Looking forward to including more of you.

Gordon Noble

Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 05:38 pm:   

Cynthia,
Put me down for 2 tickets if there are any remaining.
Please let me know where to send the money

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 08:04 pm:   

Me too please Cynthia,

though I'm not sure if I can persuade my wife too.

Please let me know where to send the money

Bob Woolsey (1965-1972)

bob@woolseyrj.freeserve.co.uk

Tony Gore

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 07:14 pm:   

Are there any places left? If so, where do I send the cash?

Patricia Montgomery

Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 11:20 pm:   

Cynthia,
Just read about the reunion. I was at Mundella 1958 - 63. I would love to come to the reunion - is it too late? Where do I send my £5?
Thanks
Pat
(e-mail:ianyork@mosiotunya.screaming.net)

Cynthia

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 01:38 pm:   

Yes, the date is still the same, 21/9/02, but the final cost will probably be a little less than the original estimate of £11, so that can't be bad!

Richard Brown

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 09:07 am:   

Is it still 21st September 2002?

Cynthia

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 09:46 pm:   

Good News! We have managed to move the venue to The Royal Regency Rooms, the Co-op building, Ilkeston. This is to allow many more of you to come. They have promised to take us, no matter how many we are, so there are no restrictions whatsoever from now on. If you would like to come, please email me for details of where to send your £5 deposit.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tony Gleadell

Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 07:35 pm:   

Hi! Cynthia,

Finally getting it all together, just confirming that I will be there, just one place

love

Tony Gleadell

Cynthia

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 - 12:40 am:   

I am sorry to have to confirm that we must reserve the few remaining places at this particular reunion for those in the year 1959-64/66. However, more and more reunions are being organised. If you are from the 1964 entry, Nigel Law is trying to get one going, and you can find his message by scrolling down on the 1960s page.

Peter Egglenton

Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2001 - 08:37 pm:   

Just found this website and it was great to see so
many names from the past.

I've been living and working in Manchester for the past 23 years.

It would be great to hear from anyone who remembers me.

I am still in contact with a few people and have heard the fate of a few others.

If there is a reunion I will definately be there.

Michael Rose

Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2001 - 05:39 am:   

I hope to be at the reunion. Thanks for arranging. I was at Mundella from 1964 - 1972(I repeated the 5th year with lousy O's 1st time). I have travelled around quite a bit, having been a management consultant with KPMG and then Arthur Andersen. My wife and I now live in London (with a flat in Bournemouth). I am now an HR Director in The City. If anyone has an interest in HR related issues you may like to know I've just written a book - 'Recognising Performance' published by the CIPD and due to be launched 25/10/01. I look forward to meeting up in September 2001.

BobMitchMitchell

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 05:34 am:   

My, this is a busy place.Just to let whoever cares that I'm available for reunions, weddings, christenings, bar-mitzvas? and spelling lessons anytime.I've met with Steve (Spud) Tainton and I'm meeting Mick Sweet later this week. There's talk of a 64-71 reunion. Is this the same one you are discussing? Who cares? Sign me up for all of 'em! It would be great to meet you all again. Nice to see that Mr. & Mrs. Sprengel are still (better rcord than most of us, I suspect) and that G.G.H. achieved his ambitions-I didn't see you on Dave Kilner's spreadsheet-maybe i'm blind but if not you should tell him where you are in the picture. Won't do the resume - too dull!!! Edwina, did you rattle on when we were at school? I can't remember.

Gillian Taylor REYNOLDS

Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 04:39 pm:   

Great to be reading all this stuff about Mundellans. Cynth found me and told me all this was happening in cyberspace. Cant wait to see all these people at the reunion and compare wrinkles.

Ed Marriott

Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 09:02 pm:   

Hi everyone,

I just found this site and would like to say how impressed I am - firstly with the site, and also that so many people remember each other. I was one of the 59 - 64 crowd. After school, I went to London, then USA and Canada, where after a very varied career I have ended up owner or part owner of number of businesses. I have homes in USA and Europe, a grown family, a wife, an ex-wife, and my pride and joy - my yacht.

I remember Cynthia (I think) Chris, Steve, Penny, Anne, Keith, Tim, and several others, although I don't have a photo any more. The teachers were a mixed group - some good, some less good. Mr Moody was a good head and a good teacher, Barton Hart was memorable in all sorts of ways, Dolly Onions, Miss Winfield, Mr Jacobs... Whatever happened to the male and female games teachers, (Mr Hunter and Miss Greenwood/Smith(?)) who I recall 'got it together' towards the end of my time there.

I would love to come to the September 2002 party, but I can't commit just yet.

All the best
Ed

Tom Dignum

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 02:01 pm:   

Could we generate any interest in a reunion get together for the mid 60's crowd i.e. 63-68/70, as Cynthia's gig is almost fully subscribed.
if no one else is interested in organising one I would be willing to co-ordinate things, although I don't live in Nottingham I can visit my family there.
Whoever manages this site please could they arrange this request in a seperate folder as I don't know how to, Thanks.

Staggy

Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 06:38 am:   

Would like to come to Sept 2002 reunion but only if you have spare places - cos I'm not quite the right group - I was 63-68/70

Perhaps you'll let me know.

I would like to see Alan Jacobs again if nothing else and did you also say that you had a contact for Judith Axtell (I remember her blue Spitfire very well!)

Look forward to hearing from you

Graham Higgins

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 11:10 am:   

An unexpected email from Anthony Court directed me here, so I'm still wibbling about reunioning.
Just as well, since I'm still pretty much guaranteed to bring down the tone of the neighborhood. A 'career' as hack illustrator/writer/r'n'b bluesharp botherer has taken me from the Gambia to Murmansk. Spent most of the 90's commuting from Birmingham to work in the Honk! cartoon studio in Kreuzberg, Berlin. Still cartooning, but resident here, I write music reviews for the Birmingham Post.
If Mr. Jacobs, English guru, is actually Alan and not Ken, as I'd thought all these years, I've misdedicated last year's Terry Pratchett comic-strip adaptation 'Guards!Guards!'(Gollancz), which also mentions Michael Abbott, Art dept., with whom I'm still in touch.
Done 'married', but have two wonderful sons: James 16, and Matthew, 20.
Amongst the ranks of ex-Mundella high-achievers, I thought I'd better put in an entry for the unreconstructed gonzo contingent.Go Sideways!
Take care, G.

Cynthia

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 05:12 am:   

Still more have been added to our tally. The provisional list now stands at 75 including those partners who have opted to come! We have an upper limit of 100 (in order to have room for a DJ and a little dance floor), so it looks like we will reach that number very soon!! Brilliant! I will have to save the remaining places now for people in the year 1959-64/66 as they were our original target, and they make up the bulk of the list already. Sorry any of you who will be disappointed.

Cynthia

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 05:17 pm:   

I have now made contact with the following people and hope that they too will join us: Freda Wilkins, Lynne Wilkinson, Gloria Brown, Sheila Hunt, Stephen Wright, Ian Hallam, and Tony Gleadell. Hopefully they will post their own messages soon.

I am using 'White Pages' to try to find people that you have listed as old friends, but this is only of use with the 'boys', and even then most of my phone calls draw a blank. If you know which town an individual has moved to, that would help me a lot. I have tried Melvyn Rea and he is not registered anywhere in England or Germany, he could be ex-directory, of course. Unusual names like that give the best chance, though.

Deposits from those of you already committed have been coming in at a steady trickle, thank you. More would be appreciated if possible.

Glynn Lowth

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 11:41 pm:   

Cynthia has 'persuaded' me to register and I'm really looking forward to seeing all those 'old' faces next September. I qualified as an accountant in the 70's, but now work as UK & Scandinavia IT manager for a large German chemical company. I live at Watnall, Notts supporting my wife's credit card, and two student daughters overdrafts!

I gatecrashed the Albert Hall reunion held a couple of years ago and saw a few familiar faces - Rowena White, Philip Sissons.

I remember Keith Lowe, Colin Slater, Philip McCloughlin, Freda Wilkins, John Daykin, Jean Allen, Ann Johnson, Jean Perkins, Kathryn Dewick, Sheila Hunt, April Hayes, Pat Jensen. Where are they now?

Jo Ormston was an excellent french teacher, Mr Jacobs for english, Barton Hart then Joe Hallam for music, and the memorable Mr Hunter for PE.

See you all in September next year, unless I hear from any of you before then!

Cheers,
Glynn

ian baggaley

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 09:03 pm:   

Hi Cynthia
Ian Baggaley here from 5A years 1960-1966. I would like to come to the reunion. Do you know who else will come from this era?

Cynthia

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 05:04 pm:   

I am amazed and delighted to see how well our planned reunion has taken off. We have several more who are committed but who haven't posted their message yet. My only concern now is to still have enough room for the members of our year who we hope to find over the next twelve months. Can I therefore temporarily limit the invitation to the following people:-

1. Those from the year 1959-64/66, their partners, and ex Mundellans who are their family or friends.

2. Those who have already signed up, their partners, and ex Mundellans who are their family, or friends.

3. Members of staff who were teaching at Mundella during the 60s and their partners.

Sorry if this seems to exclude you for the time being, but I can get back to you nearer the time if we have any spare places left. Thanks. Cynthia

Sue Sprengel

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 06:04 am:   

Great to read so many messages from the past. Paul and I would love to attend a reunion and meet up with old friends. Paul is Head of PE at a local comp (we returned to Nottingham) and I am a Headteacher in the city (many of my old teachers must be turning in their grave!) We have 3 children 22, 20 and 18. Still in touch with friends from Mundella and for Nigel Law I go to Jesse Boot regularly for meeetings and it really brings back memories. I would love to meet up with Mr Jones English teacher. Sue Sprengel(Shaw)

Judith Allen

Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 04:09 am:   

Can't believe I've just read so many familiar names. Had lunch with Edwina today who persuaded me to register. Yes I'd love to come to the reunion. Will notify former teacher Judith Axtell who has just retired as the Head of Maths at Southwell Minster where I now teach. Some years ago I bumped into Mick Walker who was at a parents evening with the former Hilary Knowles (Noggin)to discuss their daughter who was in the same year as mine! Small world. Talking of which, have still not grown up but am told my mouth is still as big as ever!

Jean Preston

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:47 pm:   

Hi Jean Preston (nee Holland) 1967 - 71 here.

I was the smallest person in my year so if you don't remember the name you may remeber the size (or lack of it).

Good friends were Janet Gillings (nee Wilson) and Barbara Ann Bird (known as Babs).

Others I remember (I have a very poor memory so they are fairly few) are:-
Pearl Body
David Lamb
Billy Wilkinson
Teachers:- Mr Mitchell (RK) Mr Bates (French)
Mr Jones and Mr Garrowfall (English)
Mr Larson (Physics) Mr Walker (PE)
Mr Southgate and Mr Spitlegate (Maths)
Mr Wood (History) Mrs Townsend(Art)

I would love to go to any reunions and hopefully jog my memory for a few more names and faces.

martynnall

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 01:25 pm:   

I would love to attend the reunion. Please send details for payment.
Martyn Nall

Nigel Law

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 01:41 pm:   

My previous message refers.

Please note my correct Email address- it must be my age !!

Nigel.

Nigel Law

Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 01:39 pm:   

Having been in touch with Dave Kilner, Andy Shipley and Philip Green, it was good to see two former 'Jesse Boot' people, David Platt and Edwina Chapman, when I had a look at the Mundella site today.

I will not attempt to go into the detail that Edwina (I hope you are keeping well) has over her past 30 years, but suffice to say, after 26 years of moving around the UK with my job (Cheltenham, Southampton, Sussex, London, Leeds and Newcastle), my wife, 2 sons and goldfish are now living in Ilkley, West Yorkshire.

I will try to make the reunion, and it would be good to hear from anyone who remembers me- unless of course I owe them any money !!

Nigel Law (1964-1971 + 2738 of Mick Walker's circuits)

David Platt

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 03:38 am:   

I always thought that these sites were for sad,lonely B-------(!) but when, after the passage of 30yrs, I found this website with so many familiar names I realised that I had become one!!
I am partly prompted by Gill Breffitts'5/8/01 guest book entry as all names she mentioned I well remember.
The reunion sounds a great idea as many in my 64/71 era will be approaching the BIG 50!
Have moved around a bit but presently living in Cornwall, not far from The Eden Project so please contact if you intent to visit the incredible biomes!
Would be very interested to hear from any old(?) school friends- please e-mail.

Regards David (SLB!)

John

Posted on Monday, September 03, 2001 - 10:17 pm:   

For Tony Cross

Is Dorothy Onions the "Dolly" we all knew, loved and revered?

jane copley

Posted on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 10:38 pm:   

I have at last found the reunion page, Cynthia, or else I would have signed up earlier! I will be there, and hopefully, Phillip will be also. Do you remember Iain Rushin, who was a year above us? I will contact him, as his mum is my godmother, and I can find his whereabouts. What about Alan White, same year as Iain, who is/was married to Liz Hughes, I think?

Jane Copley (Clerbaut)

Andrew Tollyfield

Posted on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 10:20 pm:   

Cynthia has tracked me down and yes I will be at the reunion. I have found plenty of familiar names here - Ann Mellors, Annette Teasdale, Nikki Shipcott, Sheila Stuart - funny I only seem to remember the girls!! Look forward to seeing you all in a years time.

Edwina Chapman

Posted on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:38 pm:   

Hi everyone
Edwina Chapman here
I am good for the reunion.
Not normally my thing but this one sounds good since it involves lots of years!!
I sent a message yesterday but it doesn't seem to be anywhere, but computers aren't really my thing. Anyway this website is fun and good on you Cynthia for getting us all going.I'm in touch with Cynth a lot as she is Godmum to my daughter now 18!
I am also lucky cos I know of lots of people in years above me with knowing Cynthia and having a sister who was in the upper 6th when I started!( Sorry Les now everyone knows your age!), and also with being in the Operas.
Anyway as we all get older the age gap doesn't really matter. Ask Dave Baker!!??

I was at Mundella 64/71
I am in touch with Judith Allen lots. She's
Godmother to my shortly to be 16 year old son
I am in touch with David Burnell(Twink), Keith Emerson Sheila Coughtrey and Hazel Nam. I can also contact Michael Elvin and Richard Trigg( well I would wouldn't I!!??). So between us we can get the ball rolling
Between us we can probably get hold of more.
I live in Lutterworth Leics now having worked and lived in London, Bradford and Warwickshire.
I went to Leeds Uni to read Textile Management,
then went to Courtaulds Plc, then Marks and Spencers in their Baker Street office( if they had listened to me then they may not be in the mess they are now in!! ha ha), then I did some Marketing Consultancy work, then had the 2.4 children( and they are great), then went to lecture at De Montfort Uni in Leic. in Marketing, Business Environment ,and Macro and Micro
Economics.
I dabbled in property a bit(all inspired by having to sell my lovely parents home with my sister which was lengthy and painful and we had
to deal with endless unhelpful sharks)
I decided to test my exam skills at a late age and took some exams in the Legal Aspects of Letting and Management with the National Association of Estate Agents. I passed both part ones and twos and set up my own business last Feb. as a Relocation Agent finding homes and schools and lives for people who are moving either with their companies or just privately to purchase or rent.A big challenge but so far so good!
Anyway if all this appears somewhere already sorry. I think I have now registered properly!!
Hope to hear/see anyone soon
Love Edwina!

nigel groome

Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 03:31 am:   

I will be there and I need two tickets

Nigel Groome

Tony Cross

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2001 - 05:00 pm:   

OK cynthia we'll be there too !
Will Dorothy Onions be there as well ?
Tony Cross

Chris Hodson

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2001 - 04:09 am:   

Cynthia,
My non-technical brain eventually found this site.
As Lesley is semi-retired, I am sure she can pay for me as I am still a poor struggling Solicitor. However, as a concession, if I can persuade Jenny to come with me or, failing her, one of my singing Partners, I will pay for her.
Seriously though, it is a great idea and I shall look forward to seeing OLD friends with or without teeth or hair.

Yours,
Chris Hodson

Cynthia

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2001 - 10:38 pm:   

Just tracked down Bob Hawkesworth (Chemistry). He too said he would be delighted to join us.

Cynthia

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2001 - 08:28 pm:   

Now we have a member of staff to join us! Mr Alan Jacobs and his wife are planning to be with us. If any of you know the whereabouts of any other surviving Mundella teachers (especially if we liked them!) please ask for a phone number. Someone has written that they have seen Mr Mitchell in Mapperley Co-op. However, I have phoned every Mitchell in Mapperley in the phone book with no luck! I will now try to find that person in the guest book and give them the task!

George Cook

Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 07:18 pm:   

Hi Cynthia,
Great idea - the reunion. Many thanks for organising it.
I'm currently living OZ, but we'll definitely be there. Please put me down for 2 (my wife and I).

'Go Forward' and let the numbers multiply!

Best regards,
George

Duncan Macpherson

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 01:36 am:   

Cynthia
Well done in taking this on board. Chris and I will definitely be attending and I look forward to meeting everyone again.
regards
Duncan Macpherson (Mac)

Cynthia

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 01:30 pm:   

The good news continues. Sheila Stuart and husband are now on the list.

Lesley Chapman

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 - 09:43 pm:   

Dear Cynth

Brilliant, BRILLIANT idea and Alan and I will definitely be there. Do hope loads of people will come since it is fascinating to imagine how everyone looks (!!??) and I cannot wait to hear some of the "life stories". Let us know if you need help since we are now "semi - retired " - sounds awful but is actually fabulous. Very much look forward to it and to 'speaking' to some folks on-line before then.

Loads of Love

Lesley Heath (nee Chapman)

Ann Collin

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 - 01:20 am:   

Great idea, thanks for organising it.
We will be there.
Ann Collin (Mellors) 1959 - 1966
John Collin 1958 - 1965

Cynthia

Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 06:48 pm:   

Just heard that Nikki Shipcott will be joining us. Great news - for all you guys particularly!

Malcolm Fox

Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 03:36 am:   

Cynthia
I will be there. I doubt if I will persuade my good lady to join me - or my wife for that matter - so just one place so far.
Let me know when and where to send the money.
Incidentally I was impressed by Steve Adcock's project identifying all pupils for his year group on the '64 photograph - maybe somone could do the same for us.
Malc Fox

Cynthia Snaith

Posted on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 03:14 pm:   

As requested, a reunion party for the 59-64/66 lot (and any others who will join us) is now planned - so please put it in your diary and post a message here to say that you will come. It will be held at:- Morley Hayes, Morley, Derbys, on Sept 21st 2002 and will be a buffet with 60s disco. Morley is on the A608 between Heanor and Derby. The venue is on the main road and not difficult to find. There is ample car parking. The date is booked at over 12 months hence in the hope that you will all be free to come, and to give us time to find more old school friends!

I am sure there are others like me still living in the Notts/Derbys area who can offer overnight accommodation to others who will have to come a long way. Otherwise I will find B&B for anyone who requests it.

The cost is expected to be £11, and as I will have pay a £250 deposit very soon, I will ask you all to send me £5 deposit per person, a.s.a.p. I will email you to tell you my address for this.

Partners are to be strongly encouraged, but are not obligatory! Obviously they will boost the numbers, and the more of us there are, the better the party atmosphere.

So now, please post a message here to say you are coming, and how many places you require. Don't forget to continue over the next year trying to find the others!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page