Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Challenges of today

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1960s » Challenges of today « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Margo
Advanced Member
Username: Margo

Post Number: 45

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 10:07 pm:   

I have just been thinking: we girls did hockey, netball, swimming, dance, circuit-training, tennis, athletics (and training) PE in the gym, and that horrendous cross-country, although it did have the advantage of seeing the Forest players. You never see kids today on the bus with their games-bags, or their boots/plimmys dangling from their satchel straps! I wonder how many sports activities they do? My grand-daughter at 6 years old has been selected to do extra sports, as Nottm City appear to have some extra funding.

Margo
Advanced Member
Username: Margo

Post Number: 44

Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 10:02 pm:   

I used to do everything at school, but my wrists were never strong enough for tennis. Today you can use both hands. I kept up my athletics with EMEB until I got married. Until about 10 years ago I used to jog back from the village hall after meetings. This year I have tried jogging between lamp-posts on the top road here, and at half-term played football on the "proper" field with one of my little grandsons. I am pleased to report that I have not lost my touch. I can still take penalties, and I am still OK in goal. He gets past me in a tackle though.

Tonygore
Username: Tonygore

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 03:56 am:   

I was wondering if we are all couch potatoes these days or are we more active than we used to be?

Back at school, I was hardly very sporting - a bit of rowing and cross country running. Over the last few years I have done a bit of running and the odd half marathon, but last year, I decided that it was time to really test myself.

Thus a few weeks ago, I did the Rajalte Rajalle Hiihto - the border to border ski trek from Russia to Sweden across Lapland - 440km in 7 days on cross country skis.

Believe it or not, I was one of the younger ones.

Has anyone else been doing stupid things as well?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page