Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

REUNION (1966 TO 1971/1973)

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1960s » REUNION (1966 TO 1971/1973) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harry Beighton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 04:52 am:   

Frank
Thanks for the mention of the bass, however I swapped to the organ in 67 and bought a Hammond (L122)in '70. This along with my second Hammond and Leslie sit in splendid idleness at home. After playing the length and breadth of the UK I took pity on the punters and gave up.
No money; moderate success; lots of memories.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 02:24 am:   

Started in 1966, left in 1971 or 1973. Next reunion Saturday 4 October 2003 in the bar at Redhill Leisure Centre. 7.30 pm onwards. All welcome.

Frank Ellis

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 05:34 pm:   

Hi Phil
You guyz were never anonymous! Where are you all now? I know Tim is still bashin' out the blues licks and so is fellow bluesman Tony Crosby who I haven't got round to checking out for many years (Tony, I remember when you got your first Gibson Les Paul and had us all drooling over it - have you still got it?) What's Harry the bassman doing? Didn't you play a mean version of Down in the Valley with Tim on vocals?
Frank

Phil Smith

Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:04 pm:   

It was good to hear of the Lost (Soul Edition) and Salty Dogs again, but why no mention of 20%?
Surely we weren't that anonymous? Or does no one remember Harry Beighton, Paul Atkinson, Tim Disney and myself? (Sorry Keef, you were only a honorary Mundellan.

donna wierengo

Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 05:26 am:   

I have been trying to find Beverley Nam,Claire Ogram,Malcolm Marshall and anyone else who was in 4G in 1971? Susan Jackson got in touch with me but I lost all my mail and addresses.

Gundega Balodis (Unregistered Guest)

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:19 pm:   

Hello to the year of 1961-1968. Would love to hear from any of you who remember me.

Judith Padgett-Creed

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 10:32 pm:   

Thanks to Kamaljit Johal & Steve Adcock I found this web-site. If anyone remembers me -(Judith Naylor) I'd love to hear from you.
Alison Davies, Kamaljit & I all happen to live in different areas of California; so we had a mini reunion a couple of weeks ago.It was like yesterday-but with more wrinkles!
We're looking forward to a trip back to the U.K. for a reunion.

sue cliff

Posted on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 01:00 am:   

would someone please let us all know if there is to be a reunion for the 1967-1972/4 lot.all the other years seem to be having them.
sue cliff(nee Jackson)

John Sanders

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 09:04 pm:   

Hello to anyone who remembers me - and sorry.
Thanks to Pete Huggins for pointing me in the direction of this site.
I was an attendee of Mundella from late 1966 until 1971, 3b, 4s2, 5s2 and then the 6th form (maths, physics, chemistry). Still no clue? After wasting my last 2 years at school, I grew up a little and joined the real world, re-taking my 'A' levels and gaining employment with 3M as a research technician. Well, I didn't blow anyone up, so thanks to Mr. Towers, the chemistry teacher.
In the mid-70's, I changed tack, moving into the computer field. I'm still there. I now work as a freelance computer consultant (I've just completed a 2-year spell in Ireland converting mainframe systems to accommodate the Euro).
I remember Gillian Breffitt, Dave Kilner, 'Fred' Law, Phil Towle (were you wicket-keeper? I was left-arm over, medium-quick), Gerry 'Elvis' Kirk, Gerry Grubb, Derek Turner, Russell Smith, Brian Blenkinsop and many others. And Mick Walker - especially Mick Walker "Sanders, you're a fat idle skiver!" (((oh, maybe I do remember THAT John Sanders))).
Not many people know me as 'John' now (no, I'm not on the run). I worked as a consultant for CCN a few years ago and there were 3 'John Sanders' or 'John Saunders' there, and it got very confusing for the poor lass on the switchboard, so I adopted my middle name (Edward). Most people now know me as 'Eddie'.
I am happily married with 2 children (both flown the nest) and still live in Castle Donington, Leigestershire. I am a totally inactive member of Mensa (2 meetings attended in 20 years, and one of those was by mistake - I just happened to be in the same pub at the same time) and my one hobby is tenpin bowling (I am often to be found in AMF Nottingham) although at the moment I am undergoing physiotherapy on a knee injury which prevents me playing.
Oh yes, I STILL support Derby County. (((Now I remember. "DARBO"))).

Paul Mundell

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 07:38 am:   

Receiving news of the March 16th mini get together of the 66-71/73 gang prompted me to take another look at the website. First thing I spotted was an entry from the Oz exile Sue Campbell and in next to no time we are e-mail buddies. Marvellous invention the internet, the October 6 re-union would probably never have happened without it. Anyway enough reminiscing from me...how did last Saturday go, any new faces or breaking news from anyone?.

Sue Campbell

Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 - 03:41 pm:   

Wow, after thirty years a bombardment of names from the past...I live in Australia now, been here twenty four years.....but great to hear all those people have stayed in touch. Anyone remember me ?
Sue Cabarrus (nee Campbell)

Dave Binch

Posted on Monday, January 07, 2002 - 01:30 pm:   

What a great Website :-) I was a detainee at Mundella from 1966 - 1971.

I have tried, over the years, to get hold of a copy of "Running Waters" which was a poem that we had to write out in Detention. It is the last piece of my Jigsaw in writing about my Mundella years.

I remember many people, Steve Adcock, David Shaw, John Hardy, Ian Squires, Billy Wilkinson, Mick Mellors, Nigel Broomhead, Andy Hutchinson, etc etc and then Jenny Shipcott, Elaine Taylor, Jann Mellors, Jenny Parr, Jackie Smith, Lesley Bishop,
Linda Needham. etc etc Then the staff, Mr Moody, Mr Hodnett, Mr Hoard, Mr Mitchell, Joe Hallam, Toppo Towers, Mick Whacko Walker, Mr Greensmith, Miss Savage, Miss Miles, Chalky White, Mr Jacobs, Mr Southgate, Tilly mad Townsend, etc etc. I remember "Orpheus In The Underworld" The school lunchtime Disco's. 500 Lines for being late for class lololol. Living now in Lincolnshire and having so many great memories of our Mundella. If anyone remembers me, please get in touch :-)
Dave Binch (1966 - 1971)

Bob Woolsey

Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 10:20 pm:   

At last - I've found the old school web site!!

Name's Bob Woolsey (AKA Spot), attended 1966 - 1972.

I remember Bill Holloway, Andy Bowering, Mick Dawkins, Sean Conelly, Mick Wormald, Andrew Batchelor, Marion Ferguson. Anyone know what happened to Chris Savage?

As I write my memory returns!

Julia Pearl

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 - 08:03 pm:   

Billy Holloway, I do believe we went to the same primary school! You were in the same year as my brother, Michael, I think. We lived in Warwick St originally, then on Beeston Rd - corner house near the roundabout.
I was in Thoresby at Mundella . Michael went to Glenn Bott, then Forest Fields.
Julia Pearl

David Lamb

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 09:33 pm:   

Dear Mr. Adcock (66-73) you say that the next reunion won't be too long, I heard that it's going to be in two years time, dude that is way too long. My dissolute lifestyle is threatening to either kill me or make all of my hair fall out before then. Is there any way you can suss something out sooner. regards David Lamb.
P.S.
Sometimes I wish I'd done a Ms. Titball& changed my name to something nicer like maybe Paul or Steve.
D.L.

Jann Mellors

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 10:55 pm:   

I seem to have missed another reunion yet again. Hopefully I will be at the next one. Glad to see names that I remember, brought back many memories. I still live in Nottingham, if anybody remebers me pleases get in touch.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 03:43 am:   

Reunion update

43 pupils and 2 teachers. Nostalgia reigned and we all got very wet!

Some were apprehensive when they arrived, but they all looked happy when they eventually went home.

Attendees were: -

Andy Hutchinson Mick Mellors Paul Mundell Jan Hudon Jean Scholey Barbara Bird Janet Cook Jenny Parr Martin Neilson Mick Greenslade Mike Pearce Ian Squires Derek Langdon Chris Boak Dave Shaw Andy Green Tony Brown George Soar Me Mike Jennings Hugh Tollyfield Carole Ellis Elaine Shelton Veronica Yuill Kate Elliott Mary Bratt Rachel Dalby Brenda Shortland Denise Brown Elaine Woods Lesley Bishop Janet Dale Ian Beaumont Steve Smith Andy Felton Sheena Bristoll Bobby Williams Dave Hanford Mick Popowycz Ann Attenborough Mobinder Nerwal John Belcher and, last but definately not least, Terry Wibberley.
Messrs Bates (French) and Wood (PE) representing the staff.

Those who couldn't make it missed a treat, but don't worry because there will be another before too long.

Bill Holloway

Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2001 - 03:04 pm:   

Thanks Julia!! Not embarrassed at all..Why should I be? Being named after a prison isnt exactly something that gave me a start in life... We did overlap by a couple of years and she must have been only a couple of years younger than me. I remember her also because she was a good athlete, winning school events for her house (Hardwick I think). I have vivid recollections of loads of people who were at Mundella the same time as me I'm only sorry I dont recognise your name..Thanks for the comments

Julia Pearl

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 - 05:34 pm:   

Bill Holloway,
I do remember Ruth Titball. She must have been considerably younger than you. I think her era was
68-75. And also .........she changed her surname on leaving school. Hope you feel suitably embarrassed!!

Bill Holloway

Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2001 - 02:54 pm:   

Hi Folks - Bill Holloway here! I started in 65 and left in '70. I used to knock about with Andrew Bowering, Mick Dawkins, Sean Conelly, Mick Wormald, Malcolm and Andrew Batchelor, Marion Ferguson, Joan Innes and loads more. I've just got in touch with Chris Wright and Tim Stevenson who both lived in Dunkirk. What a great website!!
Anyone remember Ruth Titball - Yes that was her name!

By the way I also remember Elaine Tilley - How could one forget her!

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 02:13 am:   

hello jean bly (scholey) here hope to see you all
on saturday.

Steve Adcock

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 12:02 am:   

Firstly, this message is not from the Steve Adcock who is always organising reunions in the Roebuck. This is from me, the much younger, much better looking, Steve Adcock, who went to Mundella from 1966 to 1973.

Secondly, our year's reunion is being held in the bar at Redhill Leisure Centre, Nottingham on Saturday 6th October 2001, from 7.30pm, onwards.

I have managed to trace about 70 of the 120 people who belonged to our year, at various times, and the vast majority of those should be there, so it will be a good night. The cost will be £1 each, to cover the room hire cost.

It would appear that people are looking at this site and then not leaving a message etc. We don't, therefore, know how to contact you. If this is your year group, please, please, please get in touch, even if you can't make the 6th, because there's bound to be another reunion before too long.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page