Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

School Hymnbook

Mundella School » General Chat » School Hymnbook « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Brown

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 07:23 am:   

Thanks for the update, John. I dumped my old hymnbook years ago but I believe there are still some around amongst our readers. My comments concerning Barton Hart, the school song and the hymnbook were, to the best of my memory, the common belief during my incarceration (1958-63). I cannot swear to the historical fact I'm afraid. It's good that this forum can correct ancient misconceptions. Regards,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Ted Taylor

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:37 pm:   

Thank you Richard Brown for your pen portrait of Mr Barton-Hart. I think though that, unless the hymnbook and school song has been changed, the song was written by Mr "Sammy" Clark.
When I arrived at the school in 1934 Mr Clark was the music master and the maroon and gold hymnbooks were already in use. Mr Clark retired the following year and Mr Barton-Hart was appointed as music master in his place.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page