Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

2 NOVELS ABOUT LIFE AT MUNDELLA

Mundella School » General Chat » 2 NOVELS ABOUT LIFE AT MUNDELLA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Margo
Advanced Member
Username: Margo

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   

These days they say that in the main working class kids don't achieve and move out of their original station in life. I am glad that I lived through an era when they did. I never cease to be amazed to hear about "ex-grammar-school" people, and often ex-secondary-school people who defied all the odds and rose in life, often to the top.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim_cheg_chesterton
Username: Jim_cheg_chesterton

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 05:35 pm:   

From the '52-'59 class, Mundella gave me, a Wollaton Park council house boy, the intro to 'uni, a career in research (biochem) and a lectureship (KCL). On retiring, to fill the time I've been writing and Mundella had to figure. In 'Rosie, Kathie and the Pot of Gold' (ISBN 1905996018) my two heroines start school and soon take over the hockey team while hunting down the gold on a treasure hunt set by an ancient monk 300 years ago in their spare time. In 'Rosie, Kathie and the Disappearing Body' (ISBN 9781905996063) they vie for the County Hockey Cup besides solving a murder mystery. Both are by me, CJ Chesterton.
Anyone interested can goto www.readrosie.com or Amazon or eBAY for a look-see. Hi there to anyone who can recall the lanky, ultra-thin, bespectacled chess nerd that was me (though I did knock up 24 for Welbeck at cricket in my last year and play hockey for the school on one occasion - but the glasses got in the way) Cheers! Jim

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page