Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Anthony Mundella Painting

Mundella School » General Chat » Anthony Mundella Painting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Janblan
Username: Janblan

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 09:51 pm:   

I have asked my brother who also went to Mundella (from 1977 - 82)ifhe remembered where the bust of Anthony Mundella was. He remembers it in the library, near to the classroom part of the library where the non fiction books were kept. Now my Brother has told me that I also remember it being there. As Rob has said he used to "up the nose" of the bustas kids do! I look forward to going to see it when it is restored at Bromley House Library. I am also sure the potrait of Anthony Mundella hung in the office too.

Margo
Username: Margo

Post Number: 51

Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 05:45 pm:   

David says that the portrait was in the Lower Hall, but can't remember the bust! Maybe there was some sort of reception area, former school secretaries will no doubt remember. Most children kept as far away from the "Office" as possible!

Margo
Advanced Member
Username: Margo

Post Number: 50

Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 03:27 am:   

Glad you enjoyed your visit, that makes it all worthwhile! I think David Pearson knows exactly where the portrait and bust were located at school, I will check with him. Portraits usually hang in school halls, but I can only remember the big WW1 memorial.

Janblan
Username: Janblan

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 07:57 pm:   

I went to the Bromley House Library today to see the potrait of Anthony Mundella after seening it mention on this site. I was made to feel very welcome, and the potrait is amazing, now its been restored. I am sure it used to hang in the office, perhaps someone could confirm this? I can't remember where the bust of Anthony Mundella was perhaps this was in the headteacher office? I would relly recommed going to see the painting. Bromley House Library is lovely.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page