Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Trophy Cabinet

Mundella School » General Chat » Trophy Cabinet « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Margo
Username: Margo

Post Number: 72

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 10:58 pm:   

Yes, I was Hardwick, but not a swimmer! Funny we should be thinking about Hardwick, because Hardwick Hall is on my Spring itinerary for this year. Odd that I have never been!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rfbrown
Username: Rfbrown

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 04:21 am:   

Hi Margo,
It's nice to see "the wall" back on the site. And I just discovered the Trophy Cabinet. It's great to see how Hardwick dominated the Swimming awards in the '60's. I can only speak for 61-63 when Brian Hall (that outstanding all-round athlete), with a little help from me, kept a firm grip on the whole competition [apologies to Phil Roberts who was unassailable in the back stroke, but unfortunately swam for Welbeck]. In 1963, Mr Cook thought we were so strong that he set up a 3-way competition with grammar schools from Derby and Leicester; we did well but came third!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page