Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Horror at the World Trade Centre - Se...

Mundella School » General Chat » Horror at the World Trade Centre - September 11th 2001 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

penny

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 11:21 pm:   

Can't help wondering why anon 2 is so upset. Anon 1 merely said what most people are thinking

By the way - I'm quite happy to sign my name

Sandy White nee Sandra Stones 1956-1961

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 03:02 am:   

Being an ex Mundellan now living in Ohio, U.S.A. I would just like to express my pride in the British people and their reaction to the horror of September 11th (ironically "911"). I was incredibly moved when I heard that the American National Anthem had been played at the Changing of the Guards and also in St. Paul's Cathedral. I also caught the end of the Last Night of the Proms on BBC America and I was once more moved to tears at the support of the Brits. Having said that I am also very proud of the way the American Nation is pulling together and their incredible patriotism. The Stars and Stripes are flying everywhere - it looks like the 4th July! Together we can hunt this monster down and free the world of his atrocities for ever.

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 03:43 am:   

Right from my first visit to the US in the 80's, I was impressed by the sincere patriotism shown by Joe Public (or John Doe) towards the stars and stripes and the belief in the American dream.

My admiration for the American people has been tempered only by regret at the support given by the citizens of the eastern seaboard and the New England states in particular to the Provos in the province of Ulster. The US has supported them in their atrocities in Guildford, Birmingham, Manchester, Belfast, Derry, Armagh and countless other places in this Kingdom.

Do you now understand the difference between terrorists and Freedom Fighters?

God bless you all!

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 12:19 pm:   

To Anonymous of 20th Sept
Just who is your message aimed at?This is not a politcal arena.You seem to have a very good recollection of the IRA atrocities,and also refer to Londonderry as Derry.Most of the fund raising on the eastern seaboard is conducted by ex Irish citizens,who by the grace of the American government have obtained immigrant status,simply because they are Irish,and have managed to escape unemployment in Eire.
I(and my family),like many other people of various nationalities,was atop the World Trade during early Sept,try sleeping with that one!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page