Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The Modern Meadows- or what Mundella ...

Mundella School » General Chat » The Modern Meadows- or what Mundella has become. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mick Twomey

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 08:58 pm:   

If you are an ex pupil of Trent Bridge school, or just interested in chat about old Nottingham.

You might like to visit Trent Bridge School Forums at...

http://hasaw.org.uk/tbforums/

David Lamb

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 09:46 pm:   

Hi,after many years wandering around the world's watering holes I found myself back in Nottingham and I just couldn't resist checking out what had become of my Alma Mata. I was not in the least offended by those "Ticky tacky" houses or the fact that the only remaining building (the library) is now a centre for Asian women (I think). What I do find particularly offensive is that one of the buildings belonging to the old Trent Bridge School has been named the Mundella building. Go figure that one!!!

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 06:26 am:   

Anonymous,
Just found this page and saw your comment on the football site also. I'm intrigued because I played for the school for 5 years and I lived next door to Bill Brindley's brother for 7 years.Are we living on parallel worlds?

Simon Sam Russell

Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 02:17 am:   

Stan
I have to agree with your comments about the old
place. They could of used a bit of imagination
and converted the main buildings and surrounding
buildings into flashing apartments and town house/
bungalows. It just seems a shames to knock down
such a grand old building and replace with ....
(description not needed)
As for Nottingham, what's happening? I live is the USA at the moment but travel back regularly.
I love Nottingham and boast about what a great place it is all the time. However when I go back I notice how dirty it has become and how many
scrounging scruffy beggers are on the streets...
pack em off to Derby...oh bugger, now I've offened Derby..a thousand appologies.
Anyway, just wanted to lend my support.

Stan Hammersley

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 04:09 pm:   

Dear Anonymous,
Thankyou for your politically correct observations on my comment. I was in Nottingham last year with it`s dirty city centre, lack of police onthe beat,( 2nd worst crime statistics in the U.K.) almost the worst education figures in U.K., disgraceful waiting times and infection rates in the hospitals, 80% of the `working' population in `Service' sectors, not to mention the awful abortion and unmarried mothers rate. Shall I continue? I am deeply sorry if I offended you and your relations, but to tear down a beautiful structure and put buildings with little architectural merit in its place is little short of vandalism. Finally before I get onto my soapbox in earnest I will say I at least had the courage to sign my name to my opinions. Stand up and be counted whilst you still can! Stan Hammersley

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 02:42 pm:   

TO S.W. Hammersley - I went to Mundella and was sad to see it go but my parents now live in a bungalow where the tennis courts used to be. In fact, it felt quite strange using their computer to print off invites for our Mundella School Reunion - sacrilege really I suppose. However, the point of my message is, I understand everyones allowed an opinion but perhaps you could "tone" down your comments about "ticky tacky boxes" .... people have feelings you know and thought someone educated at Mundella would have been more sensitive.

Margaret Astill

Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 01:03 am:   

Nottingham Evening Post will be publishing another edition of their "Bygones" extra for The Meadows in February 2002, so hopefully there will be something of interest to us all.

Margaret.

S.W.Hammersley

Posted on Friday, November 09, 2001 - 04:49 pm:   

By chance discovered these photographs of what our old School has become., plus surrounding areas. No doubt will be of great interest to those not living in Nottingham. Looks like a project by the `old enemy` (Becket) pupil, but still of use in discovering what happens when the pencil fairies and beancounters are let loose. (see the awful `ticky tacky boxes built where our noble institution once stood. Web: www.gmtipping.easynet.co.uk/thebecket/subject_pages/geography/meadows3/-

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page