Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Peter Smith, Chemistry Teacher late 6...

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1970s » Peter Smith, Chemistry Teacher late 60's to 1971 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spot
Username: Spot

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 01:36 am:   

Oh forgot to leave an email address

Just on the off-chance anyone who knew me reads this, Brian McCrackle and I are keen to reawaken interest in a get together soon for Class of 72.
That's anyone who left the 6th form in 1972, or the fifth form in 1970 - or ANYONE who may or may not remember any of us!

Email address: bob@bobwoolsey.co.uk

Spot
Username: Spot

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 01:26 am:   

I remember him well

He was my first Chemistry teacher in '66 (?)

First lesson we were told to put iron filings in a test tube and do something with a magnet - I think the iron filings were supposed to jump about or something.

I had trouble getting the iron into the test tube so I tried poking it down with the magnet - with the obvious consequences!

Mr Smith (as he was to us little 'uns) strolled across and said 'So you're one of the famous Woolsey brothers are you?'

Did no end for my street cred! :-)

Your dad was one of the good guys

Drew_smith
Username: Drew_smith

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 06:46 pm:   

Peter was my father who sadly died in 1971 when still a teacher at Mundella. If anyone has any memories photos either pupil or colleague I would be very happy to hear from them.

drewsmithnotts@yahoo.co.uk

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page