Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Old guest book type thing

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1970s » Old guest book type thing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Simon Russell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2001 - 01:26 am:   

Hi Gang

Well I remember Jon, he was always upsetting people back then too! Anway, who is this chicken anonymous ? show yourself !
I was at Colditz at the same time and have many fond memories too, I remember Mrs Bell falling off her chair, poor woman and remember being slippered by Mr Wood for electicuting myself during one of Mrs Cliffe's Biology lessons. I still have few brains !
In the end I was shipped out to Boston USA although I plan to return in a year or so !
For anyone that's interested Carl Needham is trying to organise a re-union somewhere around the 28th/29th December. I'm sure something will be
posted on the website when it's sorted.

Sam 'Jack' Russell
74-79

Jim Dunn

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 04:08 am:   

Another user of the 45 bus route circa 1971-1976.
Spent many a morning waiting for one to come along the boulevard and turn left onto Derby road, so that I could get on the darn thing, and like bananas when one came a bunch came too. Then the trek from the Trent down to school. Oh happy days.
I could have caught the 5,19 or 63 into town and changed at the old market square, this was a quicker route, but couldn't always get a seat.

Mark FossForsyth

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 07:21 pm:   

Such a pity that Jonathon has not been in Nottingham recently, otherwise he would not call the old 45 bus route ridiculous.The newly introduced bus routes beggar belief and make public transport a nightmare. Still onto other things, I remember the name, but cannot picture the face, still I suppose during my time there he would of only progressed from "spotty first year" to "third year pain" (nothing personnel, they all were). As for the other comments, well everybody is entitled to an opion, just remember you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Peter Sohal

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 01:23 am:   

Relax people,
I'm sure that Jonathan was not trying to piss anybody off. Perhaps just a little miffed that he found this great site and couldn't get some immediate gratification. Jonathan, welcome.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 11:54 pm:   

Jonathan,are you sure you aren't thinking of a "Chat Room"?
We had one on here once upon a time, but nobody used it so it was dumped. The Website does have to be reviewed occasionally,to try and keep up-to-date, or to make things easier for users and webmasters.
Anyway, why were you up so late?

John Brown

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 02:51 pm:   

Jonathan,

Do try to contain your annoyance. If you were to put a message on your school notice board at 11:47p.m. on a Friday night, would you really expect to see an immediate reply? Or are things done differently in Bristol schools?

I seem to recall that it was precisely this kind of arrogance that gave the teaching profession such a bad press in the 70's and 80's.

Anyway, there is nothing at all to stop you posting an item to this excellent site and then sitting in front of your computer all night for a reply.

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 02:22 pm:   

So, you posted a message and immediately a reply! Just like rubbing the magic lamp and out pops the genie. You should be well pleased.

How dare you feel even vaguely annoyed that the format isn't to your specifications? Someone, not me, and not known to me, has gone to a great deal of unpaid time and trouble to produce this fabulous website, and the first thing you do is express your annoyance that it isn't to your specifications! What arrogance!

If you took the time to look at how the website has developed, you would see that it has out grown the format you were looking for and our webmaster has made changes to adapt to its growing needs.

Next time, just find some humility and thank the webmaster, who clearly doesn't name him or herself because of people like you being so eager to offer criticism instead of gratitude. We are lucky to have such a marvellous site for our old school. How many others have anything at all? No, because no one has been prepared to even attempt such a time consuming and demanding unpaid task! Now we know why!

Jonathan Walford

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 05:47 am:   

I've just found this website and I'm vaguely annoyed I can't post a message and wait for a reply. I left in 1979 with Cridland, Willis Needham et al. I remember the ridiculous 45 bus route from Wollaton to the Meadows with some affection. Mr Robinson WAS VV scary, Mr Nettleship, Mrs Bell, Mrs Hirst, Mr Urwin and Campbell Kay also made impressions on me in their own ways. Contact me if you remember me. I currently live in Bristol....oh and I'm a teacher!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page