Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

1st FRIDAY CLUB

Mundella School » Mainly for pupils in the 1970s » 1st FRIDAY CLUB « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jamie Scarrott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 02:13 am:   

For all those who probably no longer look at the reunion page, I'm back having not been on e-mail since Jan 2003.

Left old job,spent time decorating the kitchen, the cat and packing socks and tights for Boots whilst re-training for my new career.

Now fully qualified as a driving instructor, any of you got beautiful daughters that need lessons?

Anyway, isn't it time we all forgot what we do now and got together again to talk about the old days?

Andy England

Posted on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 04:27 am:   

Guilty as accused. I haven't visited this page for a while, so apologies for taking so long to admit it!

Anon 4 now

Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 11:28 pm:   

Is that the same Andy England who used to live in the house near Northern Cemetery on Hempshill Lane?

Wendy McGee nee Smith

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:55 pm:   

Yep - count me in too. Haven't been out into Nottingham much recently as way too busy travelling back and forth between here and the States. Oh such is life huh??

Hope to see as many of you as possible on 2 July.

Julie Fox

Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:36 pm:   

2 July sounds good to me. See you there.

Gwenda Jarvis

Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 04:38 pm:   

2nd July sounds ok to me, I'll try and contact as many people as I can if you can too. I have lost your phone number (along with my mobile!) so can you email me at gwen_70@hotmail.com and we can communicate regarding the 2nd July. How about Langtry's from 7.30?

Andrew England

Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 04:05 am:   

Shall we say Friday 2nd July? Not too many people should have started to go away so we'll try and squeeze one in then. If not, I'm not too bothered about a first Friday, it could be any Friday!

Any preferences for a venue?

Gwenda Jarvis

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 05:10 pm:   

Hi Andy, have just been directed to the website and your message by Rickie Sandford. It would be good to start this up again may be on a quarterly basis with one a Christmas so Omar can join us. Let me know when you are going to be down over the summer from Cheshire so we can give everyone notice.

Andrew England

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 05:04 am:   

There doesn't appear to have been much interest here of late. If anyone is interested in getting together again, (one off or regular) let's have your views. OK it's May, but if there's enough people interested we could squeeze one in b4 the summer.

I'm willing to travel from Cheshire if you're willing to travel from where you are.

Andy

Omar Khan

Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:24 am:   

Hi class of '77.
Do any of you remember me? Such familiar names out there...Chris Hancock, Gwenda Jarvis, Wendy Smith (Love of my life at one point)!!, Andrew England, Stu Bradley. Love to hear from any of you. I've been living in California since 1982 and come home to Nottingham @ every two years.

Missed the reunion...Didn't think to look on the internet. Andy E. shame on you. You knew I was in Cali and you knew my mum was still in Notts!! I'll forgive you this time.

I'll check this board often and see if I can join you guys on another rendezvous. I typically come home at Xmas.

Best wishes to you all and if anyone is considering a vacation in California, please contact me....I'm a great host. (714) 608-2282
MTMAIL2@aol.com

juliefox

Posted on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 08:58 pm:   

Did anybody turn up on the first friday in May then? Is anybody turning up in August? Gwenda will you be there in August?

Gwenda Jarvis

Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 08:13 pm:   

I think it's about time we resurrected the First Friday Club now the light nights are with us again. How about as many of us as possible attend the next one due on Friday 2nd May at Langtrys at around 8 pm. Hope to see many people there.

Wendy Smith

Posted on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 02:30 am:   

HEY YOU LOT OUT THERE!!! YES, I DO MEAN YOU!!! Don't forget First Friday at Langtry's in Nottingham - 8.00pm, FRIDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER. And before Foss makes any comment about my turning up at all - I shall be there! So come along everyone, let's celebrate the kids going back to school if nothing else!!! ALSO - CAN YOU ALL MAKE A NOTE IN YOUR DIARIES PLEASE - FRIDAY 4TH OCTOBER WILL BE JANE SOOS' FAREWELL DRINK AT LANGTRY'S. PLEASE TRY TO COME ALONG TO THAT ONE, THIS IS A MAJOR CHANGE FOR OUR JANE AND SHE WILL NEED OUR SUPPORT AS SHE BEGINS THIS JOURNEY TO NEW BEGINNINGS IN BATH!

Jane Amanda formerly Soos

Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 03:38 pm:   

If there's anybody out there - Hello!

Come to the first Friday Club on 4th October and see me off. I'm running away to Bath University for a year and I just might not come back.

Mark Forsyth

Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 - 02:57 pm:   

Well, if anybody does read this today, 7th June, don't forget the meeting tonight. I will not be there, nor I think will Chris, Paddy and Stu, whom I believe willl be comatosed following todays "football match". Wendy has promised to be there, her 2nd appearance, so will collect any money from you, if you are still owing.

Foss

Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 05:58 pm:   

Numbers keep going up, the get together in May saw the following attend; Stu Bradley, Tim Peck, Tim Waite, Andy Hood, Andy Lam, Andy England, Ann Sales, Julie Fox, Jackie Locke, Jane Soos, Jamie Scarrott,Ady Hart and myself. After a good few hours drinking and nattering, just over half of us went down to the "Waterfront" to gate-crash the 18th birthday party of Gwenda Jarvis's daughter. A superb evening was had by all. It was good to see Jane out and about, glad you are getting better. And just for the record, Ady came by bus, you can't trust the trains he said!.

Jim Dunn

Posted on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 03:40 am:   

Yes Peter it is I the one who lived in the University of Nottingham for so long I can't remember. I'm going to try and get to a meeting up there some stage this year, even if it's only to the pub with Foss's crew.

PETE THORSBY

Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:33 am:   

Is That you JIM DUNN who used to live on the university campus? PETE THORSBY 1971-77

Mark Foss Forsyth

Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 - 03:27 pm:   

Well another succesful evening was had last Friday, by those who turned up at Langtry's. Those attending this time were, in no particular order: myself, Gwenda Jarvis, Ann Sales, Chris Hancock, Tim Peck, Jamie Scarrot, Julie Fox, Judith Smith, Jackie Locke, Stu Bradley and Andy England (all the way from Cheshire). We were even gate crashed by Jane Harston (70 leaver) at about 9.30pm on her way home from arresting innocent people in their early 40's who had gone out for a quiet drink. Great to see you all, lets hope more people come as word spreads. Wendy Smith sent her apologise "again", hope you are feeling better. Don't forget the next get together is Friday the 1st of March. And yes if you left between 75 and 79, feel free to come along.

Foss

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 03:10 pm:   

DON'T FORGET TOMORROW NIGHT.
Be there or be Square

Foss Forsyth

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 09:21 pm:   

Yes, but feel free to come along

Jim Dunn

Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 07:02 am:   

Is that those who left in 1977?

Foss Forsyth

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 08:15 pm:   

Mainly for those from 77, but the rest can come along (but only if you are good, complete your homework and don't interupt). We are setting up the 1st Friday club, meeting in Langtreys (by the Theatre Royal) on the 1st friday of every month. Starts 1st Feb at 8pm. Come along for a pint and a natter, not compulsory but if it gives you an excuse to get out of the house, why not. Hope to see people there

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page