Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Mundella at 50 Years (1949)

Mundella School » Mainly for pre 1950 pupils » Mundella at 50 Years (1949) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jenki634
Username: Jenki634

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   

to howard blackie williams I still have that unusual middle name which is possibly connected to peter pan get it ????I remember tommy newton a good footballer I wonder if he is related to henry newton?? who used to play for Derby county? I still live in Notts I still presume you still live downunder enjoying the sun??

Jenki634

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 04:13 pm:   

unsue wether the message was activated. A friend called Bob HC White has asked me to try and make contact with anyone who remembers him back in 1947 onwards. He became a accountant and now lives in Sandiacre. His nickname is Chalkie.

Jenki634

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 04:01 pm:   

A friend asked if I could make contact with anyone who was at Mundella in 1948 onwards, his name is Robert HC White, he went on to become an accountant. He now lives in Sandiacre. Now nicknamed 'Chalkie'

Howard Williams

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 04:29 pm:   

Is this the Robert with an unusual middle name or bragged about one. I will not post it for the moment. I feel that it is. We used to get together at school. Rember Fat Collins of bicycle fame. Tommy Newton also a member of 4f is over here in Australia and we chat on the telephone.

Yours Blackie Williams

Robert White

Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 05:23 pm:   

TO BARRIE TRUMAN - I remember your name but cant think who you are. I used to hang about with John Stevenson (FAT STEVO)Albert Gregory etc

Barrie Truman

Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 12:18 am:   

Robert. I was also at Mundella from 1947-53 and I think that I remember your name (see my comment on the 'sent to Coventry' thread. I remember Royston Matthews very well as we used to play cricket together. Heard nothing of him since then, has anyone else ? I mention his name along with some others on the first note in this thread.

ROBERT WHITE

Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 08:25 pm:   

I THINK I WAS SEVENTH IN THE 1953 CROSS COUNTRY RACE WONE BY MOUSEY CURZON . A BOY NAMED COBB MAY HAVE BEEN SECOND.ROYSTON MATTHEWS LIVED ON ROSEDALE RD NEAR ME ON EASTDALE ROAD HE WAS KNOWN AS STAN MATTHEWS.I ATTENDED FROM 1947 TO 1953.

HowardBlackie Williams

Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 01:35 pm:   

Iwas at Mundella from 1947 to1952. I have yet to read any names from my era in the G stream. Tommy Newton is in Australia where I am now based. Names to conjur with are Don Smith, Porky Pressman, Colin Maddock, Martin Turnbull, Billy Vincent, David Bates, Albert Gregory, Peter Pugsley,George Martin, Les Meats Taffy Knight, Brian Lee et al. Anyone like to make contact?

Barrie Truman

Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 02:39 am:   

Barbara O'connor (nee Dyer) I was at Mundella from 1947-53 although I'm afraid that I can't place your name. I did know Ted Parsons because like me he used to play cricket. Haven't heard of him since though. Michael Spungin was well known in Nottingham, after University he became a solicitor and Conservative local councillor. Some years ago he and his business had some problems (I don't remember what happened) but I believe that he resigned. I also think that he died a few years ago although again I'm not exactly sure.

Marian Birch

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 03:34 am:   

Yes, Elna Spencer, you are remembered. You too Barbara Dyer, by me, Marian Daniels as was. Margaret Button was my best friend and we are still in touch. We attended Mundella from 1946 to 1951 starting in Miss Woollatt's class and ending up learning shorthand and typing with Miss Winfield. Miss Waters used to call me "Bebe" (as in Bebe Daniels).

Alan Eteson

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 08:10 pm:   

Yes I remeber Elna Spencer, we were both in the G forms from 1947 to 1951. I have the class photo of 1948 including Elna who was stood next to my tormentor in maths Frank Ordoyno.

Elna Curry

Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 03:02 am:   

Just curious - does anyone remember me, Elna Spencer?

Barbara O'Connor

Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 04:58 am:   

Although I attended from 1946 to 1952 I have never seen any of my contemporaries on this new board.I was BarBara Dyer, can remember Celia Horoyd, but am looking for Edward (Ted) Parsons, Seymour Levin, Michael Spungin John (my pash) sorry but there were only 3 girls in my S form and I can only remember the name of one of them

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 09:46 pm:   

I tried to contact a Keith Simpson who was a friend of my mate - (Best Man at our wedding) Bob Roper. I Made contact with a Keith Simpson but he turned out to be the wrong one!
Jim Cutts 1946 -54 - I think!

Pamela Alsop

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 04:26 am:   

Anyone out there who remembers pupils from the 1940's? I also saw the photo in N.E.Post Bygones, but haven't got a copy. Has anyone got one I could have a copy of please - naturally I would pay costs. There were several pupils that I recognised - Sylvia Goodliffe was one. The years that I attended were approx. 1942 - 1946, mainly in the G classes, when my name was Pamela Snelling. Girls I remember were Hylma Spencer, Doreen Parsons, Margaret Duckworth, Libby Jones. Must check through an autograph book I have somewhere. Hope to hear from anyone who remembers me.

D Barrie Truman

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:06 am:   

Barbara, nice to here from you. I must admit to being bad with names even today let alone over 40 years ago. Your name does ring a faint bell but I coudn't put a face to it. Most of the names that I remembered and quoted were taken from some autographs at the back of the jubilee brochure. I note from my old school report (a terrible record, could do better was the best of the comments) that the forms that I was in were 1M, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S and 5R. Can you remember which of these you were in ?
I have the bygones edition and it awaits my review with the magnifying glass to see who I can find. I did have a school photo which may be the same one but can't find it at the moment. It must be filed somewhere.
I haven't been to any of the reunions mainly because they seem to be ex-pupils from much later years than ours. Apart from a Keith Simpson who again I vaguely remember haven't managed to contact anyone who knew me. Now that there are at least 2 of us perhaps we will make one of them.

BarbaraBrown

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:54 pm:   

Yes, I was in the same year as you, with a brother in the year above.

Not so hot on names now, but certainly remember Norma Goode as a particular friend, also remember Noreen Barton, I'm sorry that I seem to have been forgotten by you.

For all that I should have retired by now I am still working. I work on the Sports Desk of the Nottingham Evenng Post - no not as a writer. But as their secretary/editorial assistant.
I too wasn't that academic, but sport too was my forte.

I have never been to any of the reunions though I always intended to do so.

Recently, here at the Post, we published a Bygones supplement about schools. Someone had sent in a copy of the School pic (approx 1yd long) taken in as far as I remember my first year at Mundella.

I found myself and my brother and spotted many friends, though I must say names alluded me of most of them. My brother had our copy of the pic, so I haven't seen it for such a long time I had forgotten it being taken.
My maiden name was Barbara Wilson, does it ring any bells?

D Barrie Truman

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 - 12:33 am:   

Although having left messages on the original site I haven't yet found anyone who knew me during the period 1947-1953.
Previous comments about the centenary reminded me that I was at the school in 1949 when it celebrated 50 years and I still have the jubilee brochure from that year.
I wasted much of my time at school, I think that my only interest was to play cricket for Notts & England something that I never got near to achieving. Luckily for me I got involved in computing in 1965 and never looked back being a partner in my own software company from 1973-1995 when I gave it all up. We were small but it was enjoyable if hard work.
Would be particularly interested to contact Alec Hayes, Bert Drury, John Anjan, Alan Buck, Royston Matthews, Michael Cottee. Not forgetting the ladies Norma Goode, Noreen Barton, Celia Holroyd, and many others who I can't immediately put names to.
Are any of you around or does anyone know of their whereabouts ?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page