Support your website by clicking thro' this banner when you buy books, CDs, DVDs etc

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hello there, is anyone on this site w...

Mundella School » Mainly for pre 1950 pupils » Hello there, is anyone on this site who attended around 1940? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Margo
Advanced Member
Username: Margo

Post Number: 47

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 06:06 pm:   

I have just found reference to Mundella Grammar School on the internet and am hoping that you may be able to help or point me in the right direction.
The history of the Air Training Corps is currently being updated and we have a photograph from April 1941 that we are unable to obtain any information about. It is a photo of the first ATC officers course and it includes the image of a Fl.Lt R.B.Calder who was the first commanding officer of 674 (Mundella Grammar School) Squadron, when I believe the school was evacuated to Stamford.
I have contacted all the squadrons on the photograph that are still in existence but none have any information. I did see a small photograph of the squadron on your website and was wondering if you may have any archive information (school magazines) that may give us a clue as to where the photograph was taken. I believe I have narrowed it down to possibly having been taken at one of the Cambridge colleges but am still trying to confirm this rather than publish a guess in the history.
If you are able to assist in any way I will be happy to forward a copy of the photograph and give you what little information I have.
Any help you could give will be greatly appreciated especially as the grammar school appears to no longer exist.
Thank you in anticipation
Ray Fisher

Sebulba
Username: Sebulba

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 06:20 pm:   

My Father, still alive and well, is Alan Jennings and was at the school btw 1941 and 1948
Anyone remember the name, let me know as he is non PC
Paul Jennings

Frank Gosling

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 03:34 pm:   

Sorry to advise you that Russell O Emmony whose message has been on the site notice board for some 2 years died on 27th April in Llandudno.
Russell had a distinguished career in the Gas Industry for 40+ years.

rhhudson

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 04:22 am:   

My name is Richard Hudson 1938to1942.Evacuated to Stamford (Remamber Brasenose & the assembly Hall?) My father attended 1912to1916 & my son Paul 1978

Dr. F. A. Peake

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 02:44 am:   

My name is Frank Peake and I attended Mundella School from 1925-1928. I now live in Ottawa, Canada.
I should be interested to hear fom any many remember me

Russell O. Emmony

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 08:54 am:   

My name is Russell Emmony. I attended Mundella
from 1933 to 1937. That makes me one of the oldest ex-pupils I have seen referred to on this web site. Can anyone remember me and/or tell me where I can buy an old school tie i.e. with maroon, gold and black diagonal stripes?

COLIN BURROWS

Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 06:22 pm:   

COLIN BURROWS (sometimes known as "Charlie" - attended Mundella from 1942 to 1945) and wife AUDREY (formerly JACKSON - attended from 1941 to 1945. Two older sisters, Renee - sadly died 1974 - and Gladys Jackson may also be familiar names). COLIN and AUDREY recognise a few names in the messages, and say "Hello".

Mary YeomansM

Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 03:19 pm:   

My name is Mary Yeomans (formerly WILSON)the second eldest of the Wilson family who attended Mundella from 1940 - 1959; Walt 1940; Me 1941; Betty 1942; Helen 1943; Jim 1946; (Bob 1952 and Sheila 1954). I remember some of the names requested in previous messages - Mary Davy, Hilary Bennett, Marian Palfreyman, and Mary Abbott and her sister Margaret. I now live in Western Australia and would welcome news from any one who remembers the family.

Paul Cartlidge

Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 06:27 pm:   

Hi. My grandad, Donald Richard Wilson, attended Mundella. He was born back in 1918 so I guess he would have attended Mundella back in the mid to late 20's?

He died a few years ago and is sadly missed!

I would love to see some old school pictures of him if any were ever taken.

Regards,

Paul

Geoff Smith

Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 04:49 am:   

I was at Mundella from 1940-47. Is there anyone there who remembers me and can share wartime recollections?

Pamela

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 03:54 am:   

My name is Pamela Alsop, nee Snelling. Which classes did Doris Quigley, nee Jenkins, attend? I was at Mundella at the same time, 42 - 46, in C/G classes. Your name sounds familiar. Which part of South Australia do you live in, I have a penfriend in Adelaide. Contact me please if you remember me.

SueKirk

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 03:14 am:   

To Shiela Wallace.

Were you the same sheila who lived in Bakersfield and was in the same class as my mum Mary Abbott.

Audry Boon

Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 - 08:25 am:   

My name is Audry Boon nee Nelson. I was at the school 1941 - 1944, when my family left Nottingham. Anyone out there who was in the 'B' classes? Anyone remember Hilary Bennett, Marian Palfreyman and others? Also from the class of 1940, Jean Wells.

Jim Barratt

Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:27 am:   

Jim Barratt
I left Mundella in 1942 I used to live at The Sir John Franklin public house (this was at the corner of London road and Kirkewhite street) and it was demolished many years ago. I am still very friendly with Cyril Willians and have recently contacted my old classmate Ken Smith. I am very anxious to contact Ken Aukland, Dave Dolby, Stan Smart and his sister Freda and Hilda Young. My Email address is, jandj@barrattsj.Freeserve.co.uk

Frederick Scott

Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 01:50 pm:   

My e-mail address is fscott@nott81.fsnet.co.uk.
See earlier message

Frederick Scott

Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 03:12 am:   

I left Mundella in 1941,having been evacuated with the school to Stamford in 1939. I hope to attend St Mary's Church on November 10th. It would be nice to hear from any old scholars who I knew at the time. Names I remember are Denis Godfrey, Barry Parsons, Alan Grice Mills, Sid Richards, Ron Morris, John Thornton,
Joan Deacon, Sheila Suter, Brenda Hutchinson, Dorothy Truman. (these are maiden names).
I am in touch with Stan Greatorex.
Fred Scott

DORIS QUIGLEY

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 07:46 am:   

MY NAME IS DORIS QUIGLEY, WAS JENKINS, I WAS AT MUNDELLA 1942-46 . AM NOW LIVING IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA

David Boddy

Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2001 - 11:24 pm:   

My father, Richard Boddy, attended Mundella from 1940 to 1943. He is now retired and lives in Bingham, Notts.

Peter Gregg

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2001 - 05:17 am:   

Anyone know the whereabouts of Terry May.We were at Mundella together 1943-48. Believe he was a training officer with the NABC. I last saw him around 1963/4.
I am Peter Gregg. Hi to anyone else who was with me in those days.

Paul Baker

Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 05:03 pm:   

My mum Mary Davy attended your school in the early 1940s.

Linda Hughes Margaret Slater

Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 01:52 am:   

Hello Sheila, I'm speaking on behalf of my mother as she hasn't got the Internet. Mum left Mundella in 1940 and yes, she is from the Nottingham area. Originally the Wilford Road area and now she lives in Caverton.

Sheila Holmes

Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 12:52 am:   

Are you from the Nottingham Area? My name is Sheila Holmes, back then it would have been Sheila Walllace. I attended the school from 1940 - 1945.

Margaret Slater

Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 12:21 am:   

My name is Margaret Slater, although at the time I would have bee Margaret Lee

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page